Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Loveless volume 1-2 by Yun Kouga










                   About:


                             Ritsuka Aoyagi is alone in the world---never fitting in at school and alienated from his own past by a fragmented memory. When his beloved older brother is brutally murdered, Ritsuka is heartbroken but determined to find answers. His only lead is Soubi, a mysterious, handsome college student who offers him an intimate link to his brother's other life: a dark and vibrant world of spell battles and secret names.

Soubi leads Ritsuka through a maze of new experiences, from battles wrought in wordplay to making friends at school. But is he any less alone with the secretive Soubi than by himself?






My Review:




                   It took me a long time to write this review. I mean for some reason this manga put me in a mix of emotions. Not a bad thing because usually it means that I loved it which I really did in this case. Loveless makes you think a lot and keeps you throughly engaged with so much action. There was always something happening but it didn't feel rushed. I also loved the whole ears and tail thing and how you were born with them but lost them the minute you become...intimate for the first time. It was pretty interesting and weird. This whole volume was weird but in a good way. I liked that a lot. So it might not be for you unless you like really heavy stuff because this is so not a fluff manga in anyway. It is very heavy and dark. It will make you think and feel many things.

                    In this volume, Ritsuka starts his first day at a new school where me makes one cute friend and first meets Soubi. We also see a little of Ritsuka's crazy mother, hear about a mysterious person or thing called seven moons, deal with Ritsuka's obsession of making memories, his trips to the doctor, and finally we learn a tiny bit of his brother's and Soubi's past. It's all very mysterious and interesting. There is so much going on that you're not going to be bored at all. There's no way.

                     Ritsuka was so cute. I couldn't get enough of him. He was absolutely so adorable. I mean he acted mature and all and sometimes cold but there were times he acted like the cutest kid ever. I loved how he got when it came to making memories or otherwise taking pictures in his books. I loved that he wanted to take pictures with those he cares about. He didn't want to forget which is understandable with the horrible thing that happened to his brother. Ritsuka is a very tough person in a lot of pain. I still think about what he said to his doctor when she asked him if he wanted to dissappear. It was very deep and I know sixth graders shouldn't really be like that but it fit. It didn't seem weird or forced. He didn't seem older. He seemed his age while acting the way he does which I thought was amazing. I loved Ritsuka a lot. I mean he's one of the greatest characters ever. Now Soubi was....interesting. He always seemed calm and reserved. I mean he's also very....I don't know if I should call him mysterious or shady. Maybe both. Soubi one day shows up and is ready to serve Ritsuka because Ritsuka's brother told him to and that he also told Soubi to do something else but I'm going to keep that part a secret for you guys to find out. Soubi is definitely a weird character that takes some getting used to. I can't say I liked him or disliked him but I do think he was a good character. I think he complimented Ritsuka in a weird way. Yuiko is so cute. She's a little on the ditzy side but she really is a true friend and was there for Ritsuka ever since he started at her school. I wish I had a friend like her. Her personality definitely fit's with Ritsuka's. She is like a ray of life with the darkness of the manga. She really brings some relief. 

                       The plot is very interesting but there are a lot of holes. I mean there are a lot of things unanswered or not explained which makes things a little confusing but the plot is just so good that you have to keep on reading. It definitely isn't a loose plot. The art is ok. It's a little crude at times. It's not terrible though. I like how Soubi is drawn. He looked really good. Yuiko was pretty cute as well. Her looks go well with her personality. So anyway, the art isn't spectacular but it is still good.

                      Overall, this manga is pretty good. I want to read the next volume so badly. I highly recommend it to people who like deep dark manga with interesting plots and lots of action. I mean who wouldn't be interested in murder, mystery, with a little bit of magic mixed in? This manga is fast paced and will keep you on the edge of your seat. I loved the mix of characters and think a lot of people will like them as well. There are a lot of emotions in this manga. I felt s lot of them. If you're not into a lot of drama then you shouldn't be reading this.





Stars:              4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment