Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Devil is a Part-Timer! (anime)










                     About:


                               Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses—and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation—he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses!












My Review:






                  I put off seeing this anime for the longest time because it sounded just so stupid and I thought it wouldn't be good at all. I was so totally wrong. This anime is so funny and awesome. I couldn't stop watching. I would've watched it back to back if school wasn't in the way. I mean it's so much fun to watch and the dramatics were over the top but it a funny way and it was just great. I watched this anime in dub which I know a lot of people don't like because of the changes and censorship but there was a bunch of things they could have changed or censored but they so didn't. So don't knock the dub ok guys? The character were also so much fun and were just amazing. 

                 In this show, Satan(known as Maou in the human world) accidentally ends up in the human world along with his servant, Ashiya, through a magical portal and ends up stuck with no magic. What's a poor devil got to do with no home or money? He ends up getting a part time job at a McRonald's(spin off of McDonald's of course) and gets a tiny apartment he shares with Ashiya. Life was good until Emi, a hero sworn to kill the devil, shows up and attacks Maou! We also meet Lucifer and a few other enemies along the way while Maou and Emi are trying to get back home.

                 Maou is so funny and he isn't a goofy character...much. I mean he's always so calm or serious until of course someone threatens his job at McRonald's and of course when his friends are in trouble. I also just love how dense he is and just how he reacts with everyone. I can't get over it. I love his character so so much! I also love the fights he has with Emi which she starts 99% of the time. I don't know if I ship Maou with Emi or Chiho. I mean he and Emi act like an old married couple and seem to have great chemistry, but Chiho is so cute and I would love to see her with Maou. Ugh I can't decide. I think I need a debate. Why don't you guys tell me who you ship down in the comments below if you've already seen the anime? Anyway Emi is awesome. She's like the over dramatic voice of reason. I mean she actually is intelligent and smart but whenever Maou is involved she turns a little wacko. Which is just so funny. Chiho is just so adorable! I love her she's so cute and innocent but still weird enough to fit in with everyone. I thought that she brought the overall quota of the group up. Ashiya is also pretty funny. I think he's the most dramatic of them all. I also love his relationship with Maou. They act more like friends than servant and master. I also like how sassy they could be to each other. I love Lucifer. I just loved how lazy he was but how smart too. He was also so funny in the last episode. He is definitely one of my favorite characters. I couldn't get enough of him and I just love how anti-social he is. It just completes his whole character. I love all the characters. They are all just so weird but such a fun cast and I wish there would be another season but alas I heard there wasn't going to be one. I mean that sucks so much. There were so many good ratings on it. How could it not be renewed for another season? People these days...

                  The plot was pretty good. There wasn't much of one but the little there was good. It was more of a show with tiny plots and one big loose plot. It's not one of those with a loose plot and then just a whole bunch of stupid nothing. The art was really good too. I love Maou's look. I mean it just fits him. I love his eyes and hair. Lucifer was perfect. I absolutely loved the way he looked. I loved everything. When you watch the anime I hope you understand what I'm getting at. I mean his look just fits his personality to a T. Josh Grelle's voice was perfect for Maou. I loved his voice and couldn't imagine anyone else dubbing for that character. I mean his voice was just per awesomeness. Felecia Angelle was also awesome as Emi. I loved her angry and frustrated voice so much. I mean it was so perfect for the situations. I couldn't get enough of her voice. Like Josh, I can't imagine someone else cast for the part of Emi. 

                Overall, I had so much fun watching this anime and recommended it to all of my friends. I highly recommend this show. Since there probably won't be another season I might actually read the manga to just have more time with the characters. I mean this anime was full of action, comedy, crushes, and drama. Not necessarily drama situations but just the characters. Almost everyone will enjoy this anime. I mean the characters were amazing, the voices weren't that bad, I love the art, and the plots weren't half bad. I really think you guys should watch this anime. It's only thirteen episodes so it's not long and it's something nice and light to have fun to watch.








Stars:                                     5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment