Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

The Demon Prince of Momochi House volume 1 by Aya Shouoto










                          About:


                        On her sixteenth birthday, orphan Himari Momochi inherits her ancestral estate that she's never seen. Momochi House exists on the barrier between the human and spiritual realms, and Himari is meant to act as guardian between the two worlds. But on the day she moves in, she finds three handsome squatters already living in the house, and one seems to have already taken over her role!






My Review:






                 I decided to check out this manga when I saw it all over Twitter and Facebook. I also loved the cover so I picked it up the next time I went to Barnes & Noble. This manga didn't wow me. To me it was okay but interesting. This volume didn't really wow me or get me hooked. It was a little too cliche for me. I mean there are so many mangas and comics like this. I mean the characters were interesting but again, this didn't really catch my attention.

                  This volume is about Himari Momochi, who lived at the orphanage until she gets a letter and a deed stating that she inherited Momochi house from her parents. When she goes to live in the house, she finds that it's already occupied and that the squatters aren't human. Instead of leaving she decides to stay making friends with those who live there.

                   Himari is a cliche character. I think she was mostly the reason why this manga didn't interest me as much as I thought it would. I mean she's like the girls from Kamisama Kiss and Fruits Basket. She's just so nice and is always thinking about others, which isn't a bad thing but I don't know. It'd be nice if their personalities were a little different. I mean Himari always had to be saved in this volume and I'd at least like her to not have to be saved all the time. Aoi was an interesting character. He wasn't the typical jerk this kind of character is always placed as. He was actually nice. Yeah he has secrets but he does his best to protect Himari. He likes her but doesn't want her involved. Where I found Himari lacking, Aoi stepped up. I found his character really interesting. He's the reason that I don't want to give up on this manga. Ise was a funny character. He is a little bit of a jerk and a prankster. He's also very hot headed. He is best friends with Aoi and will do anything for him. I found his character slightly interesting and I hope to see a little more of involvement from him. Yukari is Aoi's other friend and fellow squatter. Where Ise is hot headed, Yukari is calm and levelheaded. I didn't get to see much of Yukari. He didn't make too much of an impression because he just kind of hung back. I do hope to see more of him as well with a slightly bigger role. 

                   The plot is okay so far. It's an interesting concept so hopefully in later volumes it is presented well. It is the first volume so I'm cutting it a little slack. The art though is absolutely amazing. It's so gorgeous and pretty. It's one of the things that made this manga better. I mean the characters all look great. I love how everything is drawn. The eyes are so pretty as well. I like the cover a lot as well. I love how the Nue looks. I would recommend this manga just on art alone if I could.

                    Overall, this volume was okay. It has amazing art and a semi-interesting plot. The characters are mostly good as well. Again it's mostly the cliche with Himari that brought it down. I do plan on reading the next volume in hopes that it gets better. If you like Kamisama Kiss or Black Bird and don't mind the cliche then I definitely recommend this manga to you.









Stars:                      3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment