Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cinderella (2015)










             About:

                       
  • The story follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drizella into the family home. But when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother's dying words and to "have courage and be kind." And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul.




My Review:



                Cinderella was never my favorite Disney princess. I always loved Belle. I also wasn't really a big fan of the movie. I mean it was a nice thought to be swept away from my problems but Cinderella and Prince Charming only met once then got married. Always seemed a little fishy to me. But this movie changes everything. Before I saw this movie my all time favorite Disney movie was Tarzan, not anymore. This movie was such an amazing movie. I mean it was so enchanting and magical. I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. I loved every moment of it. I wished it wouldn't have ended. 

              I'm not going to explain what the movie is since everyone knows what Cinderella is all about. I just have to say though that I loved this Cinderella way better than any other Cinderella movie I've ever seen. I mean I love that Ella and the Prince met before the ball. I found that pretty amazing and wonderful. I also thought the way they first met so romantic and just so cute. I also loved the scenes with Cinderella and her parents. In the original and most other Cinderella movies we don't get to see Cinderella's mother but here we do which I though was a nice change.  I also loved the scene with the Prince and his father when his father took ill. I thought that was so emotional and really showed their father and son relationship with each other. Every part of this movie was so emotional and breathtaking.

             Now on to the acting. I thought they were all amazing. There were no mistakes with the casting at all. I mean they filled their roles so beautifully. Like they were made for those specific actors. I mean how amazing is that?



           Ella played by Lily James was such a sweet character. She was also such a dreamer. I mean she reached for the clouds and stars and lived by the words her mother told her which was to have courage and be kind. She was a perfect character. Lily James was also perfect to play her. Lily James is so pretty and when she smiled she lit up the screen.I mean she's so pretty that you just can't feel jealous of her. I mean she fit this role like a glove. She also had amazing facial expressions. It was like she was feeling what Ella was feeling. Oh and her dress transformation was flawless. I mean it was so enchanting. It is every magical girl's dream. I mean it was just so magical. 


                Oh and the shoes were just so pretty and magical too. I mean I loved the butterflies on the dress and shoes. They were such a nice and pretty touch. Not too girly or cheesy at all. I wish I had my own pair or at least a mini replica. I mean those shoes were just so gorgeous. I mean see above! There's no way you can't love these shoes. These shoes are Swaroffski and Jimmy Choo. Sadly they cost like $5,000. A girl can dream though right?



                 Prince Kit, played by Richard Madden was such a charming sweetheart who was also a dreamer. I loved his character and how he was open to so many things. He was ready for the next adventure and was just so happy to see Ella. Richard Madden was amazing in this role. Like with Ella and Lily James he seemed like he really felt what the prince was feeling. Oh and his eyes. I have never seen eyes so blue and gorgeous. Man oh man. I blush when I think about it. He was also pretty and handsome. I liked that a lot. Most movies have hot handsome men cast but this went for a more pretty man which I liked so much. I mean everything about this movie was so pretty and magical. I so fan girl this prince and movie.



               The women who played the step-mother and step-sisters were also absolutely incredible. You could feel the step-mother's anger and jealousy. Cate Blchett who played the step-mother was simply amazing. She seemed so beautiful and regal. She did amazing with her role and owned it. I couldn't get enough of her acting. Usually I get disappointed with the step-mother and step-sisters but that so wasn't the case here. Holliday Grainger as Anastasia and Sophie McShera as Drisella was also amazing in their roles. I couldn't get enough of them either. They played those rolls well. I mean there is no way you can be disappointed with these evil people. 

               Overall, I found this movie so moving and touching. It was full of magical, wonderful, beautiful scenes. The costumes were absolutely amazing and gorgeous. I mean I wanted those dresses so badly. This movie was made beautifully and there was no way you could hate this movie. I would give it 10,000 stars if I could but sadly my review system only goes up to five. This movie is made for people of any age or gender. There is no way you won't enjoy this movie. If you say you don't like it, you're lying.The cast was basically a dream cast full of amazing actors. I do highly recommend this movie to everyone. This movie was phenomenal and one of the best movies Disney has ever made.



Stars:         5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment