Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Black Bird volume 4 by Kanoko Sakurakouji










               About:


                           There is a world of myth and magic that intersects ours, and only a special few can see it. Misao Harada is one such person, and she wants nothing to do with magical realms. She just wants to have a normal high school life and maybe get a boyfriend.


But she is the bride of demon prophecy, and her blood grants incredible powers, her flesh immortality. Now the demon realm is fighting over the right to her hand...or her life!


Despite the constant danger Misao finds herself in, she's determined to stay by Kyo's side no matter what happens. But a chance meeting with one of Kyo's best friends shows her just how hard a human-demon relationship can be.


Tadanobu, heir to the Kitsune clan, gave up everything to be with his human girlfriend. But now he is being forced to take on the clan leadership and abandon his love----and it's all Kyo's fault!







My Review:



                  I like this series a lot. I mean doesn't sound kind of romantic? Kyo said he would come back for Misao when they were kids and he did. I mean aww right there. But then there's the whole every demon is after her to eat her or marry her, so I guess that puts a little damper on it. 

                 In this volume, we meet Kyo's best friend Tadanobu who is from an enemy demon clan. Tadanobu shows up because he was forced to become clan leader since Kyo killed his younger brother in the last volume. This causes problems because even though Tadanobu loves his human girlfriend, his clan wants him to go after Misao because of her special abilities which strains both Kyo's and Tadanobu's relationship.

                Misao is such a sweet heart and so innocent. I love it. I mean she isn't the usual sweet and cutesy type. She is just such a calm character. Well, except when Kyo's involved. Though I wish I could find a manga with the tough mysterious supernatural guy and the girl still be a nice and sometimes sweet person but be badass as well. You know? I like the idea of both characters being equally strong. Kyo I absolutely love. I mean he's just so protective and loving towards Misao. He's not afraid to show her how he feels. I can't get enough of his character. I liked Tadanobu as well. I mean he and Kyo are just two peas in a pod. They are so alike. I loved seeing the scene from their childhood. So funny. Renko seemed nice. I didn't get to see a lot of her but when I did all she talked about was killing Kyo if he killed Tadanobu which kind of put a damper on things.

             I like the art a lot. I especially like how Misao is drawn. She's so pretty. I especially love her on the covers. Kyo's also pretty handsome as well. I love how he looks in his demon form. I love the idea of this series. The plot is engaging and interesting. I mean I think it's interesting that someone like Misao is only born every 300 years or so and then that they don't have special powers themselves but their body does. Like a magical tool I mean. 

           Overall, I liked this volume a lot. It's not my favorite but I enjoyed it. I also liked the mini cliffhanger at the end. I love Misao, Kyo, everybody. Especially the triplets but I didn't talk about them because only people who read this series deserve their huge package of cuteness. I do recommend this series to people who love sexy demons, the supernatural, and romance.



Stars:                4/5




                 


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment