Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

Food Wars! volume 4 by Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki










                 About:

                       
                           Soma Yukihira’s old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father’s culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school! Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10 percent graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress of the school that he belongs there at all?!

Let the shokugeki begin! Soma has challenged Totsuki graduate Chef Shinomiya in order to prevent Megumi’s pending expulsion. However, thanks to a condition levied by Gin Dojima, the match turns in an unexpected direction! With such a foolhardy challenge, can Soma and Megumi win to survive another day?




My Review:



                    I always get hungry when I read this series. I mean all the delicious looking food is just pure torture. Though I love that the author has the recipes in the manga so I can try these amazing dishes at home.  I liked this volume a lot. It was fun and like as always. I also liked a lot how the shokugeki ended. A shokugeki is a cooking challenge in the manga for those of you who don't know.


                    In this volume, Soma challenges Chef Shinomiya to a cooking battle and the battle commences but with a strange twist. Also we get to see the last challenge before the training camp from hell ends. The last challenge will see to who will survive and remain at the academy or get expelled.


                    I love all the characters. Soma is just so much fun. I love his confidence. It's not cocky annoying confidence. He really believes he can cook amazing things and that he can pass any challenge he faces. I wish I had his confidence. Megumi is just so cute. I connect with her a lot. I face self doubt a lot and am always nervous. She is also just so sweet. I think she's the perfect friend for Soma. They balance each other out. Chef Shinomiya was an interesting character. I loved his prickly personality. I also loved the way he interacted with his fellow graduates. I really can't say I have a favorite character because I love them all. They are all so different, weird, and colorful. I really love the imagination that went into them. I have to say that this series has the best characters on a whole. I mean usually there's only one or two amazing characters in a manga but every character here is amazing. 


                  The plot was really interesting for this manga. I liked that Soma challenged a great graduate just to save his friend's spot in the academy. I also love love love the art. It's amazing. Soma looks so cool and amazing. I mean he's drawn just so amazingly. Megumi looks so adorable too. It matches her personality perfectly. I also love how sleek and sharp Chef Shinomiya looked. I mean he even seemed to have a tiny bad boy air which fits perfectly with his awesome prickly personality.


                   Overall, I loved this volume. It had amazing characters and art. I loved how the cooking battle panned out. I also loved the cliffhanger at the end. Made me regret not buying volume five when I had the chance. If you haven't read this series I highly recommend it. If you have but haven't bought volume four yet make sure to buy five as well.



Stars:             5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment