Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern










           About:

                 
                     Rosie and Alex are destined for each other and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, they separate as teenagers when Alex and his family relocate from Dublin to Boston. Like two ships always passing in the night, Rosie and Alex stay friends, and though years pass and weddings, funerals, and baptisms take place, the two remain firmly attached via e-mails and letters. Heartbroken, they learn to live without each other. But destiny is a funny thing, and in this novel of several missed opportunities, Rosie and Alex learn that fate isn't done with them quite yet.




My Review:



                  I'm not gonna lie, this book was a little hard to get through. I mean there was so much drama that it made my head spin, and if you've read my Skip Beat! review then you know how I don't like too much drama. This book was also only written in letters, emails, notes, and instant messaging. There were no descriptions at all so it was a little weird. Though it didn't take me long to get used to it. The only thing that really got me through it though was all the sass. Otherwise I don't think I could have finished it.

                 So this book is about two teenagers named Rosie and Alex. It starts from when they're little kids and ends when they are in their fifties. It's about their crazy adventures and mistakes through life along with them trying to find out and realize what they really want in life. It covers heartbreak, missed opportunities, fear, jealousy, tough decisions and regrets.

               So let's start with Rosie since her name is in the title of the book. I kind of liked Rosie, and I kind of didn't. I mean I loved her sass and sarcasm. Think think she's a nice character (as long as you don't cross her) but I just couldn't connect to her. I mean I didn't like how she stayed with Greg after what he did to her. I also don't like how she settled a lot and s such a pushover. I mean she never fights for what she wants. I mean it could be I couldn't connect with her and understand her because I'm not an adult and haven't been in the situations she's had but I don't know. Alex is such a dummy. A cute one but a dummy nonetheless. I liked his character a lot. Yeah he was flawed like everyone else was but he is such a sweetheart. He's always there for Rosie and would do anything for her. He's so fierce and loyal. I wish I could have a best friend like him. I also loved the relationship between him and Rosie. I loved Ruby. She was just as sassy as Rosie and I felt they were really comfortable with each other. They weren't afraid to call each other out on their BS. I also felt it funny how she described her Teddy Bear. My favorite character of all was Katie, Rosie's daughter. I mean that kid had so much sass. I couldn't stop giggling. I even got in trouble in class (oops). Here's one of Katie's letters to Alex's wife:


SEE!!! I mean how funny is she. She's like seven or eight in the book when she wrote this. I mean if you don't love her after this then you might not be human. I mean Katie is just so cute and lovable. I also liked how she has a relationship with Toby the way Rosie and Alex did when they were that little. I thought it was a nice touch. She's also a spitfire like her mom. 

                   Overall, this book was ok. I liked the characters a lot and I liked the plot but the drama was too much for me. I also I guess I didn't like how realistic it was. I mean it was too realistic. I don't like books when things the teenagers or adults aren't portrayed realistically but I didn't like this, It might have been because I'm still a teenager and I don't like the idea that my life could turn out like that. I still like the fairy tale story. I do definitely recommend this book to adults. I think they would fall in love with this story. I think if you're a very mature teenager or in you're early twenties you would enjoy this too. I just don't think this book is for the average reader.





Stars:            3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment