Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Skip Beat! 3 in 1 vol 22,23,24 by Yoshiki Nakamura










                About:
                 
                          Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous enough! Kyoko won't suffer in silence-she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

                           Kyoko's recent efforts to improve her craft have really paid off! She's brought new life to her new bully role and really impressed the director and crew. But Kyoko's success sends her costar Chiori over the edge! Can Kyoko use her understanding of the dark side to help her fellow actress work past her personal demons, or will the clash of their personalities destroy the set!



My Review:



                  I LOVE THIS SERIES! I guess you already knew this though if I've read this far. I even already bought the next six volumes. If you love story lines about acting, comedy, weird scenarios, with a tiny dash of romance, then I highly recommend this manga to you. It's crazy and fun to read. I also has many different levels of drama at different parts making it not too overwhelming. I love a bit of drama (who doesn't) but I hate too much drama. If a show or book get to dramatic for me ( like Gossip Girls, Pretty Little Liars, or the Morganville Vampire series) I get disinterested and stop watching/reading. It just gets too much or just plain annoying. This manga is perfectly done though.

                 So this series is about a girl who ties to get into show biz to get back at her ex, the love of her life, Sho but that's not all. It turns into finding herself and having her do things for herself for the first time in her life. I guess it's a coming of age story for Kyoko. There are a lot of different characters with many different personalities also so it's not just her. In these volumes, Kyoko finally gets the hang of her new bullying role and now has to help out her costar. Then it's Valentines Day and Kyoko has to deal with the beagle, Sho's misunderstandings and Ren's assumptions. It's definitely not going to be a fun day for her.

                  I liked the plot a lot though I felt like the drama was a little overboard in volume 24 (I know I mentioned earlier it had the right mix of drama but I meant the series as a whole). I mean with everything going on, it's just set up to be one big hurtful fail for Kyoko and seemed a little unrealistic but I guess I'll have to see what happens in volume 25 to see if Kyoko can get out of it ok. Otherwise though the drama was perfect in the other volumes and I was just loving it.

                 Kyoko is one of my favorite characters. She has such a dramatic flare and is just so fun loving. I also like how realistic she is about her feelings and that she isn't right away ready to start dating again. Kyoko is just absolutely amazing with her faults. I also love the scenes when she acts. Those are my favorite parts when I read Skip Beat! To see her change to the role she's paying is amazing and I love when she's acting in the manga. Ren is like my bae. I love him and so ship him and Kyoko together. I feel like his calmness and maturity so go with her craziness and somewhat maturity. Ren is just so kind and helpful to Kyoko and they just have that spark, you know? He's always there for her and will do anything to protect her from the beagle. I miss Moko. She's Kyoko's best friend and I love her. She's just so cool and awkward. I haven't been seeing her a lot in recent volumes so it was nice to see her in this 3 in 1 set. I hope to see more of her soon. Sho is so annoying. I thought he was interesting in the beginning but now I just want to keep him off the pages. I want to focus more on Kyoko now. The beagle is a very interesting character. I'm a little excited to see how threatening he could be. I was a little disappointed that Kyoko complied with him in this volume then asking Ren for help. Sometimes Kyoko can just be plain hard headed.

                 Overall, I liked this set very much. The characters were amazing yet again. I loved the plot and Kyoko's acting. Except for the little drama overboard the manga was pretty close to perfect. I have no huge complaints and I'm excited to read the next volume! So please check this manga out it's pretty good and if you saw the anime and are not sure READ IT! I saw the anime first and I wasn't sure either but I am so glad I took the plunge. So please don't hesitate. Again, I highly recommend this series.




Stars:        4/5
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment