Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rosario + Vampire season 1









              About:


                         By a bizarre coincidence, Tsukune Aono has accidentally gotten himself admitted to a youkai academy, a school attended by monsters. Just when he thinks he'll run away from there, he meets the beautiful girl Moka and his mood turns ultra happy. However, she transforms into her true form when the rosary on her chest is taken off, she's a super vampire!











My Review:




                This anime was so much fun to watch. I never would have watched it if I hadn't have gotten season 2 for free on dvd. So when I got it I of course had to watch season one and I'm so glad I did. This short anime of 13 episodes is so funny and cute. I mean I enjoyed every second of it with it's funny narrations and monster battles like every five seconds. There wasn't too much of a plot just a few small ones but that was good for such a short anime. It you love comedy, action, monsters, and a tiny bit a romance then this is an anime you should definitely watch. 

                 In this season Tsukune accidently ends up going to Youkai Academy and now has to hide the fact that he's human. He meets Moka, a cute vampire who loves his scent so much and can't help but drink his blood once in a while. He also ends up making friends with a succubus, a witch or two, a snow woman, and a werewolf. The girls in that group of course all have some kind of a crush on Tsukune but it just adds to Rosario + Vampire's charm.

                 Tsukune is such a cute and kind character. I love his relationship with Moka. I mean you can definitely feel how strong their friendship was. Tsukune was there for all his friends and is definitely strong. Not the physically strong he wants to be but he is emotionally strong and always backs his friends up. He's even willing to die for them. I'm glad they made Tsukune like that. I've seen animes like this where the main character is weak both physically and emotionally and they are just plain annoying but Tsukune isn't like that at all. Moka is so cute. She's so nice and such a sweetheart. I also find it funny how she loves to suck Tsukune's blood at random times because he just smells so good. I so ship her with Tsukune. I think they are just so funny and cute together. I hope they get together in the second season. I'd cry if they didn't. Well...no I wouldn't. I'd just read the manga to see if they do. I mean the manga is always different from the anime or just has more content. I also loved Moka's darker vampire side. SHe was just so cool and indifferent. I think she like Tsukune more than she let one. Kurumu is so funny and kind of full of herself. I loved her personality though and how it clashed with Yukari. Kurumu was also funny in how she tried to stop Moka from drinking Tsukune's blood. Yukari was just so cute! I know I've been saying that word a lot but it's so true! Oh and I loved how Yukari and Kurumu fought like cats and dogs. Though you could tell they loved each other when they did. I liked Rubi even though we only get to see her a little bit but it was nice to see her transformation. Mizore was weird and kind of a recluse but I felt that she was a perfect addition for this weird group of friends. I mean it wouldn't be the same without her. I loved all the characters in this anime. I mean I couldn't get enough of them.

              The small plots were pretty cool. They weren't much but they made the anime better. I mean would you rather have a few small main plots or just thirteen episodes of just nothing but meaningless battles? I choose the latter thank you very much. I also loved the art. I mean it was so colorful and cute. I loved Yukari's witch outfit is just so utterly adorable. I think all the main characters are cute.I mean just look at the picture above. Don't you agree? I loved Daisuke Kishio as Tsukune's voice. I watched the sub version (English subtitled version). I just thought Daisuke's voice fit him very well. I also loved Nana Mizuki's voice for Moka as well. Her voice is just so cute, I also loved how she did Moka's vampire side voice. It was pretty cool. 

            Overall, I really had fun watching this show. I mean my sister who doesn't like anime watched an episode and loves it. I think a lot of people will love this anime because it really is just a fun anime to watch over the weekend and relax. I mean it's colorful, funny, full of badass girls, and a tiny bit of pervyness. I loved the characters' personalities and I definitely loved the narrator. I thought it was funny that he always said how long each battle or showdown as he calls it lasts. I also loved all the different kinds of monsters they had. Not just the cliche vampires and werewolves. I mean I have never even heard of some of the monsters. It was also nice that the narrator gave a tiny bit of background of each monster without disrupting the flow of the show. Oh and I also loved how almost each episode ended with Moka tackling Tsukune and sucking his blood with him protesting even though he doesn't really mean it. I highly recommend this anime to basically everyone. I think both guys and girls can enjoy this show.





Stars:                    5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment