Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

High School DXD volume 4 by Hiroji Mishima, Ichiei Ishibumi, and Zero Miyama










            About:


                       President Rias, the beautiful young devil, is betting her engagement on the outcome of a "rating game," and Issei's joining the fight. But does he even stand a chance against Riser's harem of devil girls...?!

***WARNING*** Explicit content. Mature audience only. Read at your own risk***







My Review:



                 This series is definitely entertaining with its perverted main character and the string of sexy female devils. I haven't watched the anime but from the manga I bet it's pretty good. I enjoy reading this series because it's funny, creative, full of action, and it does have some serious plot in it. It's not a bunch of fluff even thought the description makes it seem like it. This manga has a lot more to it than the covers and the descriptions make it seem. I don't think you should just write this series off.

                 In this volume, it is finally time for the Rating Game where Rias is fighting the devil Riser for her will of engagement. If she loses, she has to marry Riser and if she wins, well I bet you know already. We also get to see Issei's special powers concerning his sacred gear. There is also a little more information on Rias's family and the history of Issei's sacred gear. We don't learn a lot but enough to get us very interested.

                I love Issei! He's really perverted and you get a huge dose of that in this volume during the Rating Game. I always find his behavior funny and entertaining. I mean Issei has his many many faults but he has some pretty darn good ones as well. I mean he's loyal, courageous, and will do anything for his friends who he cares greatly for, even if it's detrimental to his health. He's strong. You might not think so when you first start reading this series but he really grows in the few volumes that I have read. Rias is awesome. I like her a lot. SHe's tough and badass but also has her soft sweet side which we see a little bit of in this volume. I mean I love how sensitive she is and I don't mean the type where they're sore about everything. I think she's a good leader and trainer to Issei. I actually kind of ship them together. In the beginning I shipped Issei with Asia but now I'm more towards Rias. I mean I like Asia. She's such a sweetheart and so kind and caring. I like how innocent she is even though she's a devil. But she's just not Rias. I don't know how I should go on explaining it. Hmm.

              Well anyway, I loved the plot in this volume. I was so interested about the Rating Game. It was so exciting. I kept wondering what was going to happen next. It's a very interesting game. I also liked the character interactions especially between Rias and Issei and not just because I ship them together. This volume went a lot deeper than the others and I liked that a lot. I also love the art. I love how Issei is drawn. He just looks so cute! I admit the art is a little revealing and if you don't like that then I'm sorry this series isn't for you which is why I put the warning under the description. 

              Overall, this is my favorite volume of the series so far. It is action packed filled with slightly funny moments, acts of bravery, friendship, and and interesting past. This is definitely not fluff. Expel those doubts right this minute. I love the characters, the plot, the art, basically everything. I especially loved the funny ending. It was light and perfect for such a serious volume. I highly recommend this to mature people. 




Stars:           4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment