Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Yellow volume 3 by Makoto Tateno










         About:

               
                   A routine drug bust is all in a day's work for Taki and Goh. When a dead doctor turns up at the scene of the crime, these veteran "snatcher" partners are suddenly forced to follow a twisting trail of clues (and a mysterious dog) for the answers. While bullets fly, Goh's fierce desires also seek their target in Taki's heart! The clock is ticking, and a criminal must be caught...but will Goh ever truly catch Taki's eye?

Yellow takes over the streets with the ultimate tale of "opposites attract"! Taki and Goh are a talented team when it comes to battling the crazy and criminal, but they're worlds apart in matters of attraction! Fate truly moves in mysterious ways...will the same boys who work and play together finally stay together? It's too late to be careful when there's this much lust on the line.




My Review:



                    It's official. This is my favorite series ever. I mean each manga is better than the next. I can't get enough. I mean I can't believe there's only one manga left in the series. It makes me so sad but with the cliffhanger that was left at the end of this volume I can't wait to get my hands on volume 4. Though it shouldn't be long since I already ordered it online.

                    So last volume we saw some of Goh's past. In this volume we get to see Taki's past, and let me tell you, it's crazy and just shocking. I never thought Taki would have that kind of past. Taki's past actually took up the whole manga so this wasn't the usual different snatcher job every chapter. Then men who raised Taki before he ran away are now back in Japan and willing to do anything kill anyone to get Taki back. Which obviously means that Goh now has a huge target on his back. This volume also holds the climax of Taki and Goh's relationship. Trust me you will be shocked by Taki's choice. I know I was. I literally had no clue what was gong to happen next.

                 Taki is a lot more vulnerable in this manga. We even see him cry which was a huge shock. I haven't seen him this emotional except for one other time when he thought Goh was dying. Goh is surprisingly quiet in this manga mostly. He doesn't push Taki at all to tell him about his past. He trusts Taki. Kanji was still cute as ever in this manga. He still has his knack for entering at the wrong time too. We also see a new side to the cafe owner and learn a little bit more about his background. I don't want to give anything away but I just have to say that it's amazing how it could be a small world.

               I loved the plot and omg I can't believe the cliffhanger. I'm glad we got to see more of Taki's past and to learn more about him. I mean it was interesting to see what made him turn out the way he did. The art is still as amazing as ever. I love love love the cover. I think it's beautifully done. I mean it captures them perfectly.

             Overall, I thought this volume was amazing. It was even more intense with more action, drama, and emotion. I also love the short at the end after the cliffhanger where Makoto Tateno showed how Goh and Taki first met. I loved it so much. I highly recommend this series. I really think you should check it out. I mean it's so worth it.




Stars:         5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment