Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2015

Rosario + Vampire season 2










                  About:


                              A year has passed since Tsukune was sent to the youkai academy. Tsukune has gotten used to life there, or so he thought. As a second year, him and the girls are looked up to by the juniors. On the first day back to school, a sudden encounter with Shuzen Kokoa, takes a turn for the worst. What adventures or should we say misadventures await our human, vampire and friends?






My Review:




                  I have to say I am truly dissapointed in this season. It was nowhere as good as the first. I mean I expected so much better than this. There really was no plot and there was just a bunch of stupid episodes. There were a few interesting things in here that didn't make it totally terrible but still if you watched and loved the first season you might not want to watch this one unless you really want to see the few intruiging things they out in here. It got me curious enough to get me to want to read the manga. I heard the manga was better than the anime anyway. Though like I said, do not expect this season to be better or as good as the first.

                In this season, it's a new season for Tsukune and the gang. We get to see some of Yukari's insecurities, a new character, some of Moka's past and a lot more of her vampire self besides when she's let out to fight, Kurumu and Mizore's moms fight some more and see Tsukune finally make a choice on who he loves(kind of). Sound's promising right?

                Moka was very cute in the season as well as the first. I liked seeing her act differently towards Tsukune. In the first season it seemed she only liked him as a friend but you could tell she wasn't really thinking that way anymore. We also see a lot more of vampire Moka which I liked a lot. I mean I really wanted to learn more about vampire Moka besides that she just comes out to fight battles, so it was great to see her out and about not fighting battles and interacting with the other characters though I guess it was kind of sad as well considering...  Tsukune was ok in this season. He still has his huge bleeding heart but he kind of annoyed me a little which I praised him for not doing in the first season!!*cue red face and smoke coming out of ears* He became better during the last couple episodes of the season. Mizore, Kurumu, and Yukari were also a little annoying in this season. They were just way too clingy. I mean I know they were like that in the first season but it just seems worse somehow in this season. Though I liked the few hints here and their of maturity. They are just the clingy love sick girls they portray to be. I was so shocked at the hidden ties between the narrator and the new character. Also that he...never mind I'm leaving that surprise up to those who still want to watch this season. Kokoa was a huge brat but I liked her character. She was dedicated and you could really tell she loved her sister a lot and didn't want her to change. She also doesn't fall in love with Tsukune which is a huge plus as well. I really enjoyed her character. Rubi was eh. I liked her character so much more in the first season. She was reduced to a boring useless character in this season though she did have one important part that made things interesting and made me not hate her completely. So the characterization didn't improve but there were some things that didn't make these characters complete disasters.

               Again, there was no real plot. I mean there was a hint of one but it was quickly gone and not really developed. This dissapointed me a lot because who cares for useless episodes? I mean everyone lives for a plot. I mean it's what keeps us going and interested. The art was still pretty good. I love the cute colors and the animation wasn't too bad as well. I love Kokoa's look. I mean she looks like she could be a brat. I mean she's so cute but I don't know gives off that vibe. I also really loved Moka's father and how he looked. I mean he looked tough and badass. Too bad I didn't get to see more of him. I really liked how he looked a lot.

               Overall, it wasn't completely horrible but don't expect a plot and huge character development. Nothing really gets good until the last couple episodes but I feel like it was poorly executed. I am so going to read the manga though because I heard it was so much better and I am so not satisfied with what they did with the anime. I mean what is up with Tsukune?!? He got this cool skill and then there is Moka's vampire side, it really had potential! So if you want hints for the manga then watch this season. I wouldn't say I really recommend it but there might be a fe of you who would like to watch this season.





Stars:               3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment