Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Insurgent (2015)









                About:


                          
  1. Now on the run from Jeanine (Kate Winslet) and the rest of the power-hungry Erudites, Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) search for allies and answers in the ruins of Chicago. They must find out what Tris' family sacrificed their lives to protect and why the Erudites will do anything to stop them. Side by side, Tris and Four face one seemingly insurmountable challenge after another, as they unravel the secrets of the past and -- ultimately -- the future of their world.







My Review:




                This movie was pretty good. It really got you interested. I was never bored at all during the whole movie. I'm not sure if I would say it was better than the first because I loved the first movie a lot. Insurgent deals with a lot of demons, mostly Tris's but also Four's, and a few others. I found that quite interesting. I haven't read the books so I can't say whether the book it better or not. I like this genre for movies but hate it in books. Weird huh. But anyway if you loved the first movie you should definitely see Insurgent. It definitely makes you think. 


                In Insurgent Tris is dealing with her guilt and fear through nightmares and is angry at Jeanine and wants to kill Jeanine for revenge. She wants someone to pay. Jeanine is currently collecting Divergents to open a special box that holds a special message from the Founders. We also meet someone from Four's past, deal with the Factionless, and betrayal in more ways than one.


                I liked Tris in this movie. She has her anger, fear, and faults like any other human being. She does her best to protect the people she loves. I liked seeing her go through her stages of grief and remorse. It was nice and great to see. I didn't like that she cut her hair though. I really didn't. I loved Four. He was like a pillar of strength for Tris. He also had his moments of inner demons though. He even made me jump once with his outburst of anger. I love him and Tris together. I think they balance each other out really well and just some of the things Four says is just so sweet, like when he talked about Tris under truth serum. I wish I had a boyfriend like him. I liked Jeanine a lot. Not her personality of course because she is a complete evil b***h but I just loved how good of a antagonist she was. I mean you can't have a good movie like this without an incredible antagonist that everyone loves to hate.  Peter was...interesting. I liked his character a lot actually but I don't want to spoil anything. But if you've read the book, you probably know what I'm talking about. I didn't really like Caleb. I didn't like him in the first movie either. He just doesn't seem loyal to his sister. He just I don't know. I just think he's sketchy. I thought that in the first movie too. 





                 I like Shailene Woodley as Tris a lot. She just has the perfect look for it you know? I thought she did a good job acting. I mean she portrayed Tris's anger and sadness really well. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I mean that's how good it was. I don't think they could have found a better actress to play Tris. Tris is a perfect match for her. I don't like her hair cut short though. I know it was perfect for The Fault in Our Stars but she just doesn't look the best with it. I know she had to because Tris does apparently cut her hair in the book but I don't have to be happy about it at all.



                    I absolutely love Theo James as Four and not just because he's incredibly good looking. I thought he did really good with Four's outbursts of anger at the leader of the Factionless. I mean like I said earlier, he made me jump in my seat. I also loved his facial expressions for when he was talking to or about Tris. I mean he made everything seem like it was going to be ok and just... he definitely brings Four to life. No doubt about that. Man I could go on forever talking about this but I don't want to accidentally give away anything.



                    Kate Winslet was phenomenal as Jeanine. I thought she was the greatest in this movie. She did amazing with showing Jeanine's emotions or lack thereof. She had the look for the role and just had that attitude. I mean this role was a pretty good role for her. I also liked how well she showed Jeanine's shifts in mood. They were subtle but perfect. You really had to pay attention to notice which is perfect for that kind of character. Ansel Elgort wasn't bad as Caleb. I liked how he acted out Caleb when he defended himself with a pipe. I mean just the emotion of what the hell did I just do was pretty good. But otherwise I didn't feel like there was anything special.



            Oh my god I loved loved loved Miles Teller as Peter. I love Miles Teller period.I think he's a great actor and have loved him in every movie I've seen him in. He did amazing with Peter's jerky personality in more ways than one and he really made me love Peter's character. Like Kate Winslet as Jeanine he did really well with displaying Peter's shift in moods. I mean he made it possible to tell what Peter was thinking. I truthfully think he did the best job with his role put of everyone. I bet you probably think I'm crazy which I probably am but I'm sticking to what I'm saying. You won't make me change my mind.

           I liked the plot a lot with having Four and Tris undergo truth serum and Tris having to face every aspect of herself in a simulator. I also loved Jeanine's methods on trying to capture Tris using those weird bullet/bug things to control people and sniff out Divergents. I effects were cool and just amazing. I saw it in IMAX 3D so it was extra awesome. If you can't see it in IMAX then please see it in 3D. I mean you won't regret it. Like I said if you loved Divergent you'll love this movie. Oh and the ending...just going to say that it was shocking and way too intersting with many questions left unsolved.

            Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. I definitely recommend that you go see it. It's totally worth it. I mean I love Tris and Four's relationship. Everyone's acting, and the special effects were just divine. I again don't know if it's close to the book or not so I'm sorry I can't help you there but I still think it's still worth seeing if you've heard that it wasn't. I'm totally excited for the next movie to see what happens next not that everything and I mean everything has changed.





Stars:              4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment