Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sighing Kiss by Riyu Yamakami










            About:

                      Clumsy Akira is head-over-heels for his best friend, the confident and handsome Tatsuya. Too bad Tatsuya has a gorgeous girlfriend... and no idea that Akira watches his every move! When the strange and sarcastic Tanabe steps in to distract (and tease) his lovesick pal, Akira's sure he's just looking for a little excitement to pass the time. However, it becomes impossible to ignore how well Tanabe seems to know his thoughts, wishes and deepest secrets. Does Akira understand his heart well enough to recognize true love when it comes calling?

Sighing Kiss takes a deep breath and makes a run for the finish line! The ultimate prize for the smitten Akira? Maybe it's the adoration of the incredible Tatsuya... and maybe it's the friendship of the mysterious and brilliant Tanabe. No matter who wins or loses, Sighing Kiss guarantees enough heartbreak and brand-new desire to leave you gasping for more! Who said sweet childhood feelings can't last forever?




My Review:



                 I've only ever read two other yaoi manga which was Yellow and Love Stage!! So I was nervous to try this out but this wasn't too bad. I liked this one shot a lot. I got it from the Yaoi Club which is a great place to go if you're a huge yaoi fan like me. Sighing Kiss is a good light manga to just read while relaxing. There's nothing overly special about it but it's not one to miss either. It's one of thoughs sit on the couch with a cup of tea type if you know what I mean.

               This manga is about the normal love tiangle where the main character Akira loves his best friend who is straight and is kind of pursued my Tanabe who is mysterious and "dangerous", at least that's what Akira's classmates say. Akira and Tanabe start a friendship and Tanabe helps Akira with his feelings for Tatsuya.

               Akira was a cutie. He was very vulnerable during most of this manga so many people might not like him thinking he's a wuss or weak. But that's not the case. He for so long now have been trying to remain friends with Tatsuya while burying his feelings for him. It's hard and people who have been in love would understand. Beside I liked Akira this way. He was very realistic and strong. He handled everything a normal person would. Tatsuya was a character I didn't think much of. He was nice and all but I guess he's just not my type of character. I'm just glad he wasn't repulsed by Akira. Tanabe... he was a character I liked a lot. He was blunt and was always there for Akira during his vulnerable moments. He helped him a lot and was always looking out for him. I liked Tanabe a lot. I definitely shipped him and Akira together.

           The manga was very vanilla beside the one sex scene. otherwise it was pure emotion which I actually liked a lot. I know some people who just want the sex scenes and if you're one of those people then this is not the manga for you. The art was good. Though I don't really like how Tatsuya was drawn. I don't know. I didn't find the way he was drawn appealing. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. Not the best I've seen though.

          Overall, I really enjoyed this manga. Though I really wish the was one more scene before the last chapter. I thought the last chapter was the perfect ending. I really do. I mean it was perfect. I just wish I could have seen Akira meet up with Tanabe before that. You know the first time they've seen each other in years. Instead it skips that. I'm not saying the ending should have been changed, not at all, it just needed that extra scene. Anyway, I do recommend this manga if you love yaoi and looking for a nice light read.




Stars:        4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment