Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Voice Over! Seiyu Academy volume 3 by Maki Minami










              About:


                        Hime Kino’s dream is to one day do voice acting like her hero Sakura Aoyama from the Lovely—Blazer anime, and getting accepted to the prestigious Holly Academy’s voice actor department is the first step in the right direction! But Hime’s gruff voice has earned her the scorn of teachers and students alike. Hime will not let that stand unchallenged. She’ll show everyone that she is too a voice acting princess, whether they like it or not!!

Hime just got her first big break in voice acting, but it means she has to move out of her house and pretend to be a boy! Her new manager, Yamada, is willing to put in the extra time to train her personally, and Hime’s hope of being a voice actor seems close to being fulfilled. But Yamada insists he’ll only use her for male characters. Will she have to give up on Lovely—Blazer to see her dream come true?


My Review:


               I really enjoy this series. It's so cute. It's kind of like Skip Beat! So if you're a fan, you should definitely check it out. They're not too alike though for where they're too similar. They're unique in their own way. I mean Hime isn't a crazy weird character like Kyoko. Though they are similar in their innocent air way.
              In this volume Hime is going to a retreat to learn how to bring out her prince voice at all times since she only can seem to use it randomly. We also learn more about Mizuki and his past. We also see a little bit of Senri Kudo's obsession with cats. Which was pretty interesting.
             Hime was very cute and determined in this volume. I'm glad she didn't give up. I loved her attitude about the whole thing. I've always loved her spunk. Learning about Mizuki's past was very interesting. I was shocked. I always though about him as a fluff character but now he has so much depth. I can actually say I like his character now. Before I thought he was kind of weird. He still is but I like his weirdness now. Mr. Yamada seemed like the devil in this volume. I loved it! I love meanish tough characters. They're so funny and entertaining.
            The art isn't anything special. It is cute though. I have to give Maki Minami that. The story line for this volume was good. I loved learning about Mizuki and liked how he and Hime got along. I liked that Hime had to go to a training camp. It made things interesting and nice having Hime have flaws. 
            Overall, I liked this volume a lot. It's not my favorite of the series. I like when Hime is with her friends. I think they work so well together and just so entertaining. I do recommend this series to people who love Skip Beat! I also recommend this series to people who love cute fun manga. It really is a fun manga to read.



Stars:        4/5

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment