Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Double Trouble by Takashi Kanzaki










               About:

                         Kou is staying at the dorm of Seiran Academy High School to prevent himself from acting on his love for his sweet and meek stepbrother Naruki. But Naruki follows him to Seiran! Now, Kou has to protect Naruki not only from himself, but from other students who want to have innocent Naruki for themselves. Enter Yoshino, Kou's roommate, with his brilliant plan-hypnotize Naruki into someone who can defend himself. Kou reluctantly agrees, but the result blows his mind! Now, every time Naruki is aroused, he develops a split personality--seme-Naruki, who will take any chance to top anyone, but most especially Kou!

In a special additional oneshot, model-student Satoru is called the "homo-making machine" of Seiran. He's willing to sleep with just about anyone. But in his heart, he only wants to be held by his friend Riku. Too bad Riku seems to consider him as just a friend. Or is there something more to Riku's mothering habits and concern?



My Review:



                   I have to say this manga was just as fun as I expected it to be but I have to say I have no clue what the author was thinking. At all. I'll get to that later though. This manga was full of crazy situations and funny moments. The characters were fun and I loved the oneshot at the end of the manga.

                   So Kou is in love with his older stepbrother Naruki and tried to leave so he didn't act on his emotions. But Naruki follows him anyway and now Kou has to deal with other rivals while keeping him in check. It doesn't help that his roommate is in love with him and is doing anything he can to make sure Kou doesn't get together with Naruki.

                  Kou is nice and kind. There really wasn't must character development except that he almost has no self control. I don't know if I really liked him or not but I definitely loved the crazy funny situations. It was very entertaining. Naruki was such an innocent sweet heart. He's also so adorable. No wonder he needs protecting. I liked his other side though. The one brought out by Yoshino. He was so confident and cocky. It was hilarious. Yoshiro was definitely interesting and possibly my favorite character. He puts poor Kou in many different situations in order to make sure he and Naruki don't get together. I thought he was funny, cunning, and a brilliant mastermind. Yup, he was the best character.

                The oneshot wasn't bad. I kind of liked it. I think it would have been better though if it had been a full manga truthfully. I would have liked to have seen a lot more character development for Riku and Satoru. The art wasn't bad.  I liked it a lot. I thought it was nice and smooth. I especially like how the eyes were drawn.

                Now on to the part where I thought the author was crazy. She may not of known how to end this manga but what she did was not the answer. It just ended. There was literally no ending. It was like the author just stopped drawing and handed it in because she was lazy. I mean I was so confused when I finished the last chapter and then went right away to the oneshot. It took me a few moments to realize there wasn't more to the manga. This annoyed me so much.

                Overall, this manga was good except for the lack of character development and lack of ending. It's a fun read though if you can ignore that. I enjoyed the oneshot throughly and definitely enjoyed the interactions between Kou, Naruki, and Yoshiro. I think this is a great read if you enjoy lots of mischief.




Stars:       3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment