Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Yellow volume 4 by Makoto Tateno









               About:

                     
                         The final stage has been set for our favorite pair of drug snatchers! With Taki gone missing and only a series of clues left behind, it's up to Goh to find him. What is Taki's dark secret past and what is his relationship with the fearsome assassin team known as "Sandfish"? As time runs out, the search gets desperate. And just when Taki's feelings for Goh have finally been resolved, is Goh only going to lose him once again?

Get ready for this final installment of the Yellow series. With strange love, deep affections and unexpected family reunions that'll break your heart, things are hardly what they seem. Just when you thought all stories end happily, things might get suicidal. This volume includes a newly-drawn honeymoon episode only you can see here!





My Review:



                 It's over. It's really over. I can't believe I finished this series. I bet you're all happy though. You don't have to listen or read my high praising of this series anymore. Well too bad. You have to listen to me gush one more time. I love this series. So I was nervous that the final volume would let me down. I mean haven't you read a series and you put all that money and time into it and then poof it's over leaving you unsatisfied? Well thankfully that's not the case here.

                   In this volume, Taki is with his parents/"Sandfish" and is doing his best to get word to Goh to stop them. Meanwhile Goh is doing everything he can to find and save Taki. He doesn't want to lose him when they finally just got together. We get to see a lot of endings in this manga with Tsunuga' family, Taki and Goh's relationship, and Taki's relationship with his parents. Trust me, this volume is a wild ride. 

                  Taki oh my god. He was just so vulnerable yet strong. Even in trouble he still did what he could to stop Sandfish. It was nice to see him like this with his guard down. Usually he's just trying to hide everything, especially his feelings for Goh. Goh was amazing as well. He was insecure about Goh leaving but he didn't give up on Taki. He did everything he could to get him back. I loved what he did with Taki while in the midst of saving him. That was funny yet emotional as well. Tsunuga was interesting in this volume. He's usually calm and collected and never really shows up in the series but he played a big part in this volume. He's not the calm cool man, he's more desperate in this volume, evening going to extreme measures to try to catch Sandfish. We also get to see more of Taki's dad(not the one that turned into a female) and I found him interesting. He really seemed to care about Taki. I kind of wished I could have learned more about him.

                 I loved the plot. It was engaging and a page turner. I couldn't put it down. Makoto Tateno took this volume to places I didn't think she would. I was surprised at every turn. Out of all the volumes this is definitely a close tie to my favorite as best out of all the other volumes(the first one being the one this volume is tied with). The art was amazing as always. I liked it a lot. I loved all of Taki's and Goh's facial expressions. They were nicely done. I really love this art style and now look for something like it when shopping for manga.

                 Overall, I was more than satisfied with this volume. I loved the ending and the honeymoon scene at the end. It was so sweet and a nice touch. This series is very dear to me. I love it a lot and recommend this to all yaoi lovers. I love Taki and Goh together and love that they still have their special charm(you know, when Taki hit Goh for hitting on him). I will never stop loving this series and will definitely re-read it.




Stars:            5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment