Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Criminal Minds season 8










                  About:


                            A procedural thriller about the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, which profiles criminals to solve crimes. The ensemble drama relies on the diversity of the team, which includes a young genius and a seasoned leader tortured by a past case. Unlike other crime dramas that focus on science, this series is very cerebral and almost Holmesian in its deductive analysis of the crimes and their perpetrators.





My Review:





                   I love this show so much. It's my favorite kind of cop show out there. I mean Law & Order: SVU is good but it doesn't beat Criminal Minds. If you're a fan of shows like Law & Order, Bones, White Collar, and/or any of the CSI shows then you will love Criminal Minds. I mean I binged all this on Netflix. That shows my dedication to it. I mean I never get bored and every episode is different. I also love that we get into the mind of serial killers. It's fascinating. I like learning about what the BAU does. It's a little more graphic than Law & Order but if that doesn't bother you then you should definitely check this show out and if you have seen this show but not season eight then you better get your butt on a couch and watch it because this season was amazing along with the season finale. It went off with a bang, literally.

                  In this season, we deal with a variety of interesting cases as always but we also deal with a special attack on the BAU. Someone is shadowing them and replicating the team's cases thus earning himself the nickname "The Replicator". He haunts the team and even calls them out on a case or two purposely mocking them. We also see a lot of Strauss's new good side which is interesting.

                   I love love love all the characters. There is not one I hate or think is not needed but I could be biased since I've been with this show for eight season so far. Aaron Hotchner is so awesome. He is one of my favorite characters. He's a good team leader who always looks out for his team and does his best to help them out when they're in trouble. I mean if they ever got rid of him I would hate the world. He's also a really good dad. I love seeing him with his son Jack. He's mostly serious all the time but there are moments where he's really sweet or shy which I think is really cute and I like a lot. We see a lot of these sweet moments in this season when he gets a new girlfriend which makes me very happy because he really deserves a nice girl after all that has happened. So I'm so happy. Derek Morgan is also pretty awesome in this season but when is he not? I mean he's just that awesome. He's also kind of serious but he has this cool attitude and has this charm. I know my sister loves him as her favorite character. I mean I also love this flirting game thing between him and Penelope. They are just friends but they are really good ones and I like that a lot. I kind of ship them together but I also am not mad if they don't get together because I just love their friendship the way it is. I wish I had a friendship like that but oh well. Derek is a really good solid character that sometimes breaks the ice or is good mental support for his friends/team. He's also pretty good looking which helps. Penelope is such a quirky sweetheart. She always means well and is there for everyone. She's like the bright light too their day after a harsh case. She's just so adorable and cute. I mean she lightens the dark mood at times and I can't imagine the show without her. If they ever got rid of her I'd cry. I felt bad that her and Kevin weren't together this season. I mean I didn't really like Kevin for her at all at first but he grew on me and I just want her to be happy but of course Kevin ruined it. He wasn't in this season that much but when he was things got a little uncomfortable. Dr. Spencer Reid is definitely my favorite character. I mean he's just so cute and adorable when he talks. I love his personality and the way he thinks. He gets along with everyone who doesn't think he's too weird and I can't get enough of him. I mean I just love the stupid smart things he says or the jokes the team makes about him. Good jokes of course. I mean he really is a great cute person. I would love a boyfriend like him. David Rossi is pretty awesome as well. I love his jokes and quips in the show here and there and he's just a man with a big heart. I remember when he first appeared seasons before and I was so unsure if I would like him but he's become a dear character to me. Jennifer or J.J. is also another of my favorite characters. I like her attitude and also how nice she is with her son. She's so nice but also so badass. I remember how kickass she was last season. She's another character I would hate to see leave. Thank goodness it doesn't seem like she will at all. Alex Blake is a great new edition to the team. She's different from everyone which I like. I mean I miss Prentiss but Alex is a nice change and she seems like the mother of the group. She always has great advice and is very smart. Strauss was pretty awesome in this season as well. I used to hate her character so much but now I like her a lot. She supported Aaron and his team and she fought for them, actually fought for them instead of against them. She was very nice and I think she grew as a character a lot. I'm proud of her.

                         
 

I absolutely love Thomas Gibson as Aaron. I mean I can't imagine anyone else who could play this character. I mean he has the looks for the part and he does amazing with keeping a serious poker face. I know I couldn't do it for very long. I also love the facial expressions he uses when he's acting as Aaron with his girlfriend. I mean I love how cute he looks when he does that smile and just aww. I really do think he does an amazing job as Aaron. I like A.J. Cook as J.J. I mean she's incredible. I mean she seems focused and I like how tough she looks. Her facial expressions are good too. She really seems into her roll.


I think Shemar Moore is so perfect as Derek Morgan. I mean that role seems to fit him like a glove. I mean he seems like his character. He plays Derek flawlessly. I mean he has that charming smile and the looks to go with it but he also seems like he puts his all into his character. I mean I can't imagine anyone else playing Derek. Matthew Gray Gubler is so amazing as Reid. I mean I can't say it enough. He is so cute and the way he holds himself seems really like Reid. If anyone says that someone else should play Reid then someone should tell them it's impossible. I mean he made Reid my favorite character of the show. He does really amazing with Reid's facial expressions since he's really emotional but tries not to show it. I can't get enough of his acting.




I love love love Joe Mantegna as Davis Rossi. I mean he has that feel for that type of character. That sounds weird but I don't know how to explain it better. It also seems like this role fits him like a glove. He does a real good job portraying an Italian profiler. I mean he seems to really fit this role and I guess a lot of people agree since he's stayed on the show so long. Jeanne Tripplehorn is also pretty good as Alex Blake. She seems comfortable in her role and I just love some of the facial expressions she makes like when her "husband" came home from faraway. She does a really good job in making me like her character Alex.


Finally, the great and wonderful Kirsten Vangsness who plays the shows lovely Penelope Garcia. I mean I think she does the best job out of all the other actors. She has amazing facial expressions and I love her tone at times which changes a lot with Penelope's emotions. I mean she does a fantastic job. I mean love love how she acts when Penelope is stressed per frustrated or definitely when she's pisses off. I also love the smile she makes when she makes those flirty comments to Derek. She rocks at this role. I also think she's cute and looks quirky enough for her role.

Overall, I really liked this season. I mean the Replicator was so interesting and I loved the little scenes at the end of some episodes where we saw hints of him. I couldn't believe who he was and why he payed most attention to Alex. There cases were also pretty interesting and creepy. Some just really made you think and wonder if people actually do that stuff or think like that. I highly recommend this show to cop show lovers. especially this season which was pretty awesome. I can't wait to watch season nine to see what happens next!







Stars:                                    4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment