Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spice & Wolf volume 3 by Isuna Hasekura, Keito Koume, and Jyuu Ayakura










                     About:


                               Lawrence and Holo are on the run, desperate to save both their profits and their lives! With enforcers from a rival company in pursuit, though, Holo may need to resort to extreme measures to safeguard herself and her traveling companion. Can Lawrence cope with the terror-inspiring true form of Holo the Wisewolf?!






My Review:




                   I like this series a lot. It's just fun and light. I just love the characters as well. They just interact so well together. This volume was pretty good. It's not my favorite but it does show some interesting things like Holo's true form. I thought that was really cool. I also like the merchant world. It's interesting to see the trading, deals, and shady business. I wouldn't say this is a light read, but it isn't a heavy read either. I think it's a good manga to try if you love reading about adventure, some tiny bit of comedy, and the supernatural. There's also a bunch of action to keep you entertained.

                 In this volume, Lawrence and Holo are on the run from a rival company stopping them from making a deal, Holo's god form comes into play, Lawrence makes a deal with the church using black pepper, and we meet an interesting new character towards the end. I wonder what her future role is? 

                 I love Holo. I mean she is just so cute and sneaky. I find it so funny every time she tricks a merchant Lawrence is trying to deal with.  I mean her smirk too is just so awesome and sleek. I also like how understanding she is and I like how she acts with Lawrence. It's like they've been friends forever. Lawrence is awesome. I find him so funny and I love how loyal he is to Holo. I find that very admirable. I also like his personality. I mean nothing specific about him but I just like him overall. I don't think anyone can dislike his character. I don't know if I ship him and Holo together. I mean there are some times where they seem attracted to each other but I love them as friends. I mean that calmness and understanding friendship between them is awesome. I find it amazing that the authors were able to create that type of atmosphere between characters. So for now I guess I like them better as friends. Maybe in the future I'll want them to be more. So yes if you're looking for romance there really isn't any at all. It's about Holo trying to find her way back home hitchhiking with Lawrence helping him with his deals in return. These two are the perfect team and partners in crime. I wish I had their friendship.

               The art is amazing. I love how Holo looks. I mean her eyes are so gorgeous and I love the way her smirks look and that devilish smile she has. I think she is so beautiful with her long hair and ears. I just love the way she is dawn. I loved her god form as well. It was so cool and actually looked menacing without making her look like some weird creepy creature. I hate when artists do that. Lawrence looks pretty cool too. He's a handsome character. And for those of you who love white haired characters then Lawrence is your man. I like his eyes and facial expressions as well. Though I kind of don't like the lines around his eyes. They make him look weird and sometimes old which is weird in itself because he's in his mid-twenties. He shouldn't look too old. The plot is pretty good. It has a big light plot of Holo trying to get home filled with little plots with Lawrence's deals and small conspiracies involving silver. I like it I mean it's not too over the top. I like it simple. If you're looking for something simple yet filled with a lot of action you should really check out this manga and if you have but it hasn't made you want to read more I think you should definitely check out this volume because things get interesting.

                  Overall, I liked this volume. It wasn't as good as the other two but it really built up for the next volume. I'm curious at what is going to happen next. I highly recommend this if you have been reading duds but don't want a manga that has too much drama and is over the top. It's a nice semi-light entertaining manga with amazing art and an interesting plot that I enjoy a lot. I liked the ending as well with the meeting of a new character. I mean I love Holo and Lawrence but I feel like they need another buddy to hit the road with them. So don't forget to check this series out if you haven't already.





Stars:                          4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment