Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wilde for Her book 2 by Tonya Burrows








         
                      About:


                     Friends with benefits just got hotter.

Former Homicide detective Camden Wilde has been in love with his ex-partner, Eva Cardoso, for longer than he cares to admit. Not that it matters. She's shoved him into the friend zone, and after living through the hell of his parents' violent deaths, Cam's unable to give her the idyllic life she secretly desires.

Eva's never met a person who hasn't let her down. Cam may be sex personified, but he's the only man she can trust, and there's no way she'll risk their friendship on the off-chance they could be more. Especially not after the one scintillating night she's trying--and failing--to forget.

When a murder-for-hire contract on his head lands on Eva's doorstep, Cam knows it's time to put up or shut up. He's done biding his time, and he'll be damned if he lets the delectable detective ignore what's between them, no matter the cost.






My Review:




                I love book series like this one. I'm so addicted. The long series where every book has a different main characters but they were side characters in the other books. I can't get enough of them. Wilde for Her is a great sequel to the first book. I wasn't disappointed at all with it. I've never actually read many books where a character tries to get out of the friend zone. I read many books where the character tries too late and the main character is obviously in love with someone else. Anyway, this book had its charm and is very steamy. So if you aren't an adult or mature then you should probably stay away from this book.

                Wilde for Her is about the budding romance between Cam and Eva. After one drunken night at his brother's wedding Cam isn't ready to let Eva go and is done waiting on the sidelines like a good friend. While testing the waters for the new relationship Cam finds out that someone wants him dead. Not wanting to worry anyone he keeps that to himself. 

                  Cam is the kind of guy best friend every girl wants. He's sweet, funny, and always there to back you up. Also good boyfriend material too. Poor guy spending five years in the friend zone. I liked Cam a lot. He's the dream guy almost every girl wants. He is so sweet and caring. He would do anything for Eva. I liked how protective he was of her as well. Eva was awesome. I love her smart-mouth character. She is tough and strong and has the heart to prove it. She's been let down all her life but doesn't let that drag her down. I also like that she has a soft side too. I liked them so much together. I think their personalities really played off each other. Vaughn is Cam's twin brother and also kind of the opposite of him. While Cam is laid back, Vaughn is more serious. I liked that I got to see a lot more of Vaughn in this book. He looked out a lot for Cam in this book. It was nice seeing how much he cared when he talked to Eva. I can't wait to read his story. Shelby was an interesting character. She's Eva's sister and the wild on at that. I only saw a little bit of her but she seemed like a good sister to Eva and encourage her relationship with Cam. I'm a little excited to see her story as well considering it seems like she and Reese(Cam's other brother) are going to have a story of their own. I could be wrong though. I liked all the characters and hope to see more of them in the future.

                 The plot wasn't too bad. I mean it was a little run of the mill but it was done in such a great way that it didn't really matter. I mean it's a cliche for a reason. I liked how the steamy moments weren't random. There are some books I've read where there would be random sex scenes. It's not cool at all. 

                  Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I loved the characters and my familiarity with this kind of series. I do recommend this book to those who love romance, smut, and a tiny bit of drama. You technically don't have to read the first book to read this one but I recommend that you read the first one as well. I like Tonya Burrows writing and I hope zi love the next book as well.









Stars:                            4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment