Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2015

Akuma no Riddle









                  About:


                             The story is set at Myoujou Academy, a private girls' boarding school. The 10th year's Kurogumi class has 12 assassins with their sights on one target, Haru Ichinose. Tokaku Azuma is a recent transfer student who is also targeting Ichinose, but she gradually develops feelings for Ichinose.













My Review:








                   I've had this anime on my Plan To Watch list forever and I finally decided to watch it. It was a little weird at first. The first two episodes were a little confusing but the show got a whole lot better after that. I couldn't put my tablet down. The show isn't perfect but its flaws aren't too bad. This show is full of suspense, action, and the hunt. There's a tiny bit of romance but its very little and it give a nice touch to all the violence. What I also like about the slight romance was that they really didn't talk about it. There were just actions. There was only one time they talked about their feelings, otherwise they showed it which impressed me. I loved how the creators did this. I loved all the characters as well.

                  In this anime, Tokaku is told that she will enter the Black Class to kill a special target. She along with eleven other assassins are there to take out Haru for reasons unknown. There are rules the assassin must follow otherwise they are kicked out of Black Class and lose their prize. The assassin who kills Haru gets whatever wish they desire fulfilled. Tokaku decides that instead of participating she will protect Haru at all costs. So now it's two against eleven and someone must win.

                 Haru is the target of twelve assassins. The reasons for this are unknown until the last couple episodes. Haru isn't an assassin which was really interesting considering they hired twelve assassins to do her in. Haru is very cute and sweet. She tries to be friends with everybody even though she knows they are out to kill her. All she wants is to make friends and to graduate from the Black Class. She is innocent but isn't. I know that doesn't make sense but if you watch the anime I think it will. Tokaku is a very serious person. She's the strong silent type. Her whole life has been about killing and nothing else. She's been alive but never living,never making friends, or knowing what it's like to be cared for. She learns this when she meets Haru. I love Tokaku. She's my favorite character. I loved seeing her character grow. To see her care about nothing then to grow and learn to care about someone. I also liked learning about her past. Nio was definitely a character shrouded in mystery. I guess you can say that for all the characters but she was just extra weird and mysterious. She is the judge for the "game" and constantly watches everyone which sounds creepy but she has to witness who kills Haru. I think she shocked me the most in her actions. I didn't expect anything from her. Banba was also interesting I liked how she had a mental condition. She has multiple personality disorder. It was interesting to learn why she got it as well. I liked Haruki a lot. I think she was the most normal of the group. I mean yeah, she was a killer but she wasn't crazy and she didn't enjoy it. She had her reason for doing it. Isuke was one of the most interesting one I think. I don't know how to explain it. I don't really think she grew as a character we just learned more about her. Hanabusa seemed like the typical rich spoiled girl but she definitely wasn't typical. She played a very minor role in the beginning but she made things very interesting. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll move on. Chitaru was also a character we didn't see much but when we did she was always with Kirigaya. Chitaru doesn't want to kill Haru. She only joined for personal reasons. Kirigaya decides to help Chitaru in her quest. Takechi is a serial killer who joined the Black Class so she could lay low for a while. She's obsessed with scissors which is her favorite weapon for killing. I haven't seen her use anything else. There are a few more assassins to talk about but I'm going to move on. 

                   I loved the plot for this. It was such an interesting concept. Putting a bunch of assassin in one room is very interesting. It makes me want ti read the manga. The art wasn't too bad. I'm not really thrilled about the colors. I don't like how pale they look. I mean I guess they didn't want to make it too dark and depressing since all the characters and the plot are. I love Tokaku's eyes. I think they are so amazing and well drawn. 

                  Overall, I really liked this show. Yeah, it was a little iffy at first but it got so much better. I especially loved the ending. I loved seeing what happened to all the characters after the Black Class ended. It was nice seeing it all. Even though there were a lot of characters I got to connect with all of them so I was desperately wondering what happened to them. I highly recommend this show to lovers of suspense, action, and plot twists. It may only be twelve episodes but it's amazing with no filler episodes.












Stars:                                     4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment