Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Baby Daddy season 2









                          About:


                                    Ben, a young man in his early 20s living the life of a bachelor in New York City with his buddy, Tucker, and his brother, Danny. Their lives are turned upside down when they come home one day to find a baby girl left on the doorstep by an ex-girlfriend of Ben's. After much deliberation, Ben decides to raise the baby with the help of his friends and his protective and sometimes over-bearing mother, Bonnie, and his close female friend, Riley.






My Review: 





                       I liked this season a lot. It was as good as the first. I'm not sure if it was better than the first or not. It was definitely funnier but I'm kind of not happy with who people ended up with. But that's just me, otherwise it probably was better than the first season. I liked the characters a lot in this season. I felt most of them matured a lot. This season was also really funny. I enjoyed every minute of it and it took a bunch of will power not to watch the second season before writing this review. I mean I don't want to mix the seasons up. There was also a lot more drama in this season than the last. So if you love your drama then check out the show. If you liked the first season then you will definitely like this one.

                         Ben was a lot more mature in this season...somewhat. I mean he's a lot better. He's still a complete idiot and makes a lot of mistakes but he's trying. Especially with Emma. He was also still a player but we see him in love for the first time which is really cute. He looked so adorable acting all goofy and awkward because he had a huge crush on Emma's potential daycare nanny. I definitely liked Ben a whole lot more in this season than the last. So if you didn't like Ben before you should at least like him a little more now. Danny was so cute and amazing in this season. True he got a girlfriend that was NOT Riley which sucks a lot but he was still so cute and funny. Oh and the few sweet things he's done. He always makes me goes aww. Why can't I have a boyfriend like him? Anyway, Danny is still his lovable self and also has seemed to grow in this season maybe because of his girlfriend which I grudgingly admit. I still ship him with Riley and find that he still is incredibly stupid with how he handled the whole Ben and Riley situation. I mean I get he was trying to move on but what an idiot. Oh and he was so cute in the video of Riley's sweet sixteen. He was so adorable. I still ship him with Riley even though I also kind of think she doesn't deserve him at the same time. I mean just how she has acted just makes me question it but I love Danny so of course I want him to be paired up with the girl he loves. Riley was a little more b***hy in this season which I'm not sure I liked. I mean she was still her overall sweet self but her ugly side came to play a few times. So I'm a little wishy washy of her character. Bonnie was still her funny self with some actual wisdom. I mean there were some actual moments where she seemed like a mom and gave some really good advice, but then it's Bonnie and she just ruins the moment doing something funny like locking her son on the balcony for being a drunk idiot and doesn't even let him in when it starts raining badly. Tucker was also pretty funny as well. No more than usual though. He was interesting when he got back together with his girlfriend though. I liked that he sometimes relieved the tension with his funny comments. I liked everyone in this season. I'm definitely with overall how the characters came out.



                        Jean-Luc Bilodeau did so much better with Ben than I though was possible. I mean. He changes the feel of the character which must be hard to do. I got a different feel of Ben than I did in the first season. I watched both seasons in one day by the way. I don't know how to explain it but he made Ben better. I also liked his facial expressions a lot, especially his earnest, excited and love emotions like when Ben was in love with the nanny or when he thought he could have a shot with Riley. Melissa Peterman was also phenomenal as Bonnie as always. No one could do better than her in that role. It seems like it was made for her. I couldn't get enough of her in this season and was also disappointed when she left the screen. I mean her facial expressions are priceless and she seemed pretty good at switching modes. I enjoyed her acting a lot.



                          Derek Theler as Danny was absolutely amazing as always. I will never get enough of him as Danny. Never. I mean he looks so cute as Danny. Also he does the best in love facial expressions I've ever seen. I mean every time he makes that face I aww so much and get so jealous of Riley even though I know it's not real but I can't help it. He's just that amazing. He's also another person I get disappointed at when he leaves the screen and not just because he's hot(though he totally is). Tahj Mowry as Tucker was also pretty good. He did a lot better in this season than in the last. He just seemed so much more into his character which made him so much more hilarious. I couldn't get enough of his funny expressions and his tone during certain situations. He made Tucker a whole lot better. Chelsea Kane as Riley was pretty good as well. I'm not as satisfied with her acting as I was last season but it could just be because I wasn't as happy with her character. I did love her tone and certain expressions she made. I mean she made Riley interesting and kind of real. I mean she may have shown more of her ugly side but everyone has one and it was nice to see her as not the perfect character. So she really made Riley real with how she acted during the situations her character was placed in so I applaud her on this.

                      Overall, I loved this season so much. I definitely recommend it to those who saw the first season and haven't yet watched this one. I also recommend this show as a whole to those who haven't because it is really funny with some real life situations, a great cast with interesting characters, and it has a good amount of drama for people who love that. The cast is great and the season finale was definitely shocking. I never expected what happened. I'm not going to necessarily say I'm happy with what happened because it has to do with Riley being kissed by a certain someone so I can't say I'm overjoyed but It was a good ending to a really good season.







Stars:                                                              4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment