Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2015

St. Dragon Girl volume 1 by Natsumi Matsumoto









              About:


                         Momoka Sendou (nicknamed "Dragon Girl") and Ryuga Kou are childhood friends. Momoka is a martial artist, and Ryuga is a Chinese magic master who banishes demons. In order to increase his power, Ryuga calls on the spirit of a dragon to possess him, but the spirit enters Momoka instead. Now the two must unite forces and fight demons together!

                           A demon serpent king who appears once every hundred years to select a bride has abducted Momoka's friend Shunran. Will Momoka and Ryuga be able to defeat the demon before Shunran is lost forever?











My Review:









                 I liked this manga a lot. I found out about it in another manga through the advertisement. St. Dragon Girl is definitely a cute action manga. If you liked any of Arina Tanemura's work then you would love this manga. It's full of cute action and we get our wonderful teasing/fights between the two protagonists. I had fun reading this and was disappointed when it was over. I wanted to see more of the characters which were the greatest. They were all fun and descriptive.


                In this volume, Momoka goes to help her friend Ryuga capture the demon serpent king but when she sees her friend Ryuga summoning a dragon spirit she interrupts which leads to the dragon spirit entering her body instead of Ryuga's. There is also a creature putting the girls in Momoka's school under his spell, two kitties up to no good, and a relative of Ryuga's who wants Momoka! This manga so has no opportunity for boring in its pages.

                Momoka is so adorable and feisty. She can be a little childish at times but she is a kid. I mean I'm in high school but come on, we all have our childish moments once in a while. She is really strong too which I like and not just physically. While she can definitely hold her own in a fight she is emotionally strong too. I liked watching her character a lot. I especially loved watching her interact with Ryuga. They always tease each other...well Ryuga does most of the teasing which results with Momoka being pissed off. Ryuga is a close childhood friend of Momoka and uses her help to fight of evil spirits and demons. He is also kind of cocky as well. Which makes and interesting combination with Momoka's personality. I don't know if I ship them together yet. I mean it's only the first volume. It's already the obvious ship but you never know what could happen if another love interest steps in or not. Shunran is a good friend to Momoka. She's also a very sweet characters. I liked her a lot as a supporting character. I hope to see more of her in the future and that she wasn't a one volume character. 

               I like the plot. I mean I know it's a tiny bit cliche but it has its unique differences. It is an enjoyable plot if you enjoy this kind of thing. The art is gorgeous. Again if you like Arina Tanemura's work then you will also love Natsumi Matsumoto. I really liked the eyes of the characters. Especially on the cover. I mean they're so pretty. I also like how both Momoka and Ryuga were drawn. They look so good. Momoka looking absolutely adorable and Ryuga looking incredibly handsome. If you like pretty art then you should definitely check out some of Natsumi's work.

              Overall, I loved this manga a lot. I highly recommend it to people who love action, fantasy, magic, romance and comedy. This manga had great characters that work well together and keep you interested and also amazing art. It was never boring either which I liked a lot since I've read a ton of other manga like this one. I am excited to read the next volume.








Stars:                                      5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment