Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Liberty City Anime Convention

Hi everyone! So this past weekend I visited the first ever convention for Liberty City which was really exciting. It was a lot of fun and I met a bunch of amazing people. I went to a lot more panels this time than at AnimeNext so you will see a lot more pictures of those than cosplayers this time because I had to rush between panels.

This is a a quick shot of the artist alley. There wasn't much but there was a lot of pretty stuff. I bought so much art. Now I actually have to find a place to display it all. It kind of sucked that it was small because it was so quick to go through but because it was small I could afford to get everything I wanted. 

This is from the opening ceremony. The man in the photo is Ian Rubin. He's a comedian. I actually went to his panel after the ceremony. He was the special guest host. He ended up singing the Pokemon theme song which was funny and really great.

These three are the creators and voice actors for the YouTube channel Pokemon 'Brigid. I also went to one of their panels which I'l talk about later on in the post. There were a bunch of other guests but I didn't see all their panels and such so I would have much to talk about but the other people who were there were Tyler and Heather Walker, Reni Mimura, 2une, Frenchy and the Punk, Corinne "Megami33" Sudberg, Adam Tilford, Austin TIndle, Moshi Moshi, Marcus Stimac, Mario Bueno, Brittany Lauda, and Dokudel.


This is a photo from Ian Rubin's comedy panel. He was great. There were these group of girls which you can kind of see in the photo, they kept giving him stuff to wear. This cute kid cosplaying Steven Universe came in and kind of stole the show. Everyone ended up singing the theme song. Ian Rubin was pretty funny there were some lulls in his performance but I think it was mostly due to the audience. They kept like interrupting him, never letting him finish hist stories. It was a little bit of a mess. I would go see him again at another con if I get the chance.

This was the other panel I saw that day. It was called "The Godfather of Anime: Osamu Tezuka." I know the picture sucks but it's the only one I have. It was a really interesting panel. The guy was great. He mentioned a bunch of Tezuka's earlier works that my dad used to watch growing up. It was a shock to him learning that he's been watching anime all this time. It was a very informative panel. The guy who was presenting the panel also had a podcast channel called "Popanimecomics Lounge" I haven't checked it out yet but I'm definitely planning to.

Afterwards my friend Sarah and I hung out in artist alley before going home. That's her on the left. She had a great time. I happily brought her to her first anime convention. Too bad she could go only on Friday. Hopefully next year she could go for the whole weekend. 

Here's one of the few pictures of cosplayers I have. I'm sorry for having so little but I was jumping from one panel to the next. I didn't have the time to stop and take photos. One girl is doing a great cosplay of Asuna from Sword Art Online. I'm not sure what her friend was cosplaying but she looks great in it.

I'm sorry for the quality my phone sucks. I'm getting a new one tomorrow! Anyway, these are another two great cosplayers. I love their poses. The right is from Princess Tutu I believe. It's really great. Again, I'm not sure about the left but she looks really great. 

This was one of the best cosplays I saw at the convention. This beautiful woman is cosplaying Zorro from One Piece. I got her to draw a couple of her swords which was awesome. Doesn't she look so cool and bad-ass? I'm glad I was able to get a picture of her.

The first panel I went to on Saturday was the Fairy Tail panel featuring the director and Script writer Tyler Walker and his wife Heather Walker voice actress of Mary and many other characters. It was so great. He answered so many questions on Fairy Tail and really described the process of dubbing the episodes. And yes...we also talked about ships. He totally ships Pantherlily and Carla which I disagree with. I really want Carla to be with happy. He's not a huge fan on having Juvia and Gray together. He's wishy washy on Gajeel and Levy. He sees them together but doesn't really feel it.

When asked about Nalu, Tyler goes on to say that they should totally be together. He says he constantly talks about it with Todd the voice actor of Natsu about it all the time. Then one girl in the audience asks Tyler to call him and he did! We then asked Todd about Nalu. It was pretty funny, right away he answered that they totally should get together, "I mean I've been saving her life for five years!" It was really funny and great. This panel was hilarious and fun. I ended up getting both their signatures later on.

The next panel I went to was the YouTube channel Top5Anime. They are a rating system for top anime. It was great. They talked about how they ask people to vote and it isn't just their opinion. They showed a bunch of videos. It was great. Everyone was cheering for their favorites. My favorite was the Top 20 Anime Couples. I had so much fun with that and even cheered myself. Nalu made number one by the way. The atmosphere in this panel was great and lively. I almost didn't want it to end.

Right after  I saw the Pokemon 'Brigid panel. This is a photo of Michael Hect. He voices Ash and a bunch of pokemon in this mini show. His Ash voice sounds so much like Adam Sandler's funny voice. If you watch and episode of 'Brigid and seen a bunch of Adam Sandler movie then you would know what I mean. He was great and funny.

This is Jessi Nowack. She plays Misty and a few other characters and pokemon. She was pretty great. She seemed the least crazy of the three of them. She was great with answering questions. She was the most quiet of the three.

This man voices Brock and a bunch of other pokemon. I don't remember his name and it isn't in the booklet so sorry for the lack of name. He was pretty funny. I loved how he teased Jessi. The three of them are so funny together. I had never heard of Pokemon 'Brigid before but I am so definitely going to watch it now. They pre-released episode 23 during the panel so I saw that and loved it. Now I have to watch the previous ones.

The rest of the time I ended up in the screen room watching the anime Black Cat and Yu Yu Hakusho which was great. I have never seen them before and I am so watching them now currently. I love older anime to it's great to find some good stuff. Sadly, I couldn't attend Liberty Con on Sunday. I was busy at the air show at Stewart Nation Airport. It was cool but I would have rather been at Liberty Con.

Overall, I had a really great time. I went to a lot more panels which was great. I kinda liked that both the dealers' room and artist alley was small because I could get everything I wanted but at the same time it sucked because I couldn't use them to kill time. You could stop at every booth and go through the whole thing in under twenty minutes. Also there were a bunch of mix ups. I mean it was understandable because it's their first con ever but it was a little frustrating at times. I really hope their second year is better than this year!



P.S. I am so sorry for the quality of pictures. I'm getting a new phone so hopefully that will fix everything. If not I'll just have to bring my camera instead. I hope you like this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment