Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)









                About:


                          When Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) jumpstarts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go terribly awry, forcing him, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and the rest of the Avengers to reassemble. As the fate of Earth hangs in the balance, the team is put to the ultimate test as they battle Ultron (James Spader), a technological terror hell-bent on human extinction. Along the way, they encounter two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff.











My Review:







                  I was looking forward to this movie for so long. So when this weekend came up with its release I was bouncing off the walls with excitement. I was so not disappointed. This movie was really deep playing on everyone's fears and pasts but it had its really funny moments that I will try not to spoil(don't worry I won't). The funny thing was, I meant to go see this in IMAX 3D but when I got there the 3D projection wasn't working so I could have either gotten a total refund and pick another time to see it or get 1 dollar back since it's only a 1 dollar price difference and enjoy it in 2D. Me being me not wanting to wait any longer took my 1 dollar bill and happily made my way to my seat. It was pretty funny because when the screen did it's thong of telling you to put on your 3D glasses everyone booed. There was a lot of people who took their 1 dollar. I know that little bit of information wasn't necessary for a review but I wanted to share my atmosphere of huge fans who wanted to see the movie and it was a story I just had to share. But anyway The movie was great. To me it was better than the first one.


                 In this movie we have the Avengers trying to get back Loki's scepter. While doing so they meet mysterious twins Wanda and Pietro who are enhanced which enables them to have powers of their own. Wanda ends up messing with Tony's mind making him fear the alien world even more. To keep the peace and to protect the human race he and Bruce work on a program to do save which is where Ultron is created. But there's a catch, Ultron glitches and is now trying to kill the Avengers and everyone on the planet. The twins caught up in Ultron's madness helps him by messing with the Avengers minds trying to tear them apart from the inside.


                  I'm going to start off with Tony because...well I feel like it. Tony was his usual asshole self but it was interesting to see inside his head when Wanda messed with it. It brought back his fear from the third Iron Man movie where he admitted he was scared of that alien attack and having nightmares about it. He was kind of obsessive in this movie. I mean he's kind of always been this way but it was magnified. Don't worry though, he was still his usual snarky self. Steve was cute and I love his little sarcastic moments. He still has his good sense of justice and we also get to see his fears and past as well in this movie. Thor was hilarious. I could not get enough of him. He was still his serious strong self though. He was an important part in this movie and connected the dots between all the movies. Yes we finally get to see where Marvel was going with their plot. Bruce was a lot more interesting in this movie. We're usually focused on the other characters but we're really focused on him in this movie which was a great change. He was so cute and sweet. I loved his personality. I couldn't get enough of him. He was my favorite in this movie. I found it funny how he couldn't say no to Tony. Natasha was also amazing. We always only see her tough very rarely emotional. But we saw a lot of both in this movie, especially the emotional part when she's with Bruce. I loved seeing her past and seeing her try to work through it. Yes they did take away a tiny bit of her character which a lot of you may not like but I didn't mind. It's not like they destroyed the essence of her character. I ship her with Bruce so much. I can't help it. They were so cute and sweet together and whenever I saw them together I went aww. Their personalities compliment each other so much and their pasts help them understand each other. I enjoyed seeing them together so much. Clint was amazing in this movie. He was kind of the glue that kept everyone together. I mean he didn't let himself fall victim to Wanda and he also helped Wanda out. I also loved learning more about him. He plays a lot bigger role in this movie. I loved learning about his secret life and just seeing his character. Pietro was an interesting character with cool powers. I found him to be so funny. I enjoyed seeing him on screen and fell in love with his character. Not the fall in love where I wish he was my boyfriend but the fall in love where it's a really good characters. His sister Wanda was a good one too. I love how one's power was physical the other was mental. It was really cool. I liked Wanda a lot as well. She was complex and interesting. I enjoyed seeing her with her brother. There were a bunch of other characters from past Marvel movies in here but it would take forever to go through them so just go see the movie.





                   Robert Downey Jr. was amazing as Tony Stark as always. I can never get enough of his acting. He's so good at playing Tony though that it makes me wonder if he also acts like that in real life off the screen. I have never disliked his acting and you will not be disappointed with him in this movie. Chris Hemsworth was...come on do I really need to explain? It's Chris Hemsworth. Of course he was amazing. I loved his facial expressions. They were so great. Especially when Steve was messing with Thor's hammer. Priceless. I could not stop laughing. Also he was hot so even if his acting was a tiny(only a tiny bit) bit below par I wouldn't have minded. I'm still not sure if he's hotter than Chris Evans though. I know they are different types of hotness but I can't help but wonder. Chris Evans was amazing as always as Steve Rogers. I have always loved him as Captain America and will never stop. I love his facial expressions as Steve. I also love his voice. I don't mean in the attractive way(though I like it in that sense as well). I mean that he as great tone. He's great at portraying emotions through his voice. These three did great in the movie and you won't be disappointed with them at all.




                         Jeremy Renner was amazing as Clint Barton. He didn't have as much of a chance to shine in the first Avengers movie but he played a much bigger role in this movie. I haven't really seen much of his acting besides the Avengers but I think he did really well here. I know a few people aren't happy with him as a person(a friend of mine being one of them was complaining a lot about it yesterday) but I don't care. I don't care about his sexist remarks or personality. All I are about is his acting which I thought was great in this movie. He had to portray many different emotions which I commend him for doing. So a lot of people may not like him but I thought he did a great job and people's opinions on the person's actions shouldn't deter their opinion of his acting.



                             Mark Ruffalo was so great as Bruce Banner. I couldn't get enough of him on screen. He did so great at his role that like Robert Downey Jr. and Tony Stark, I wonder if he was like that in real life. I thought he had great facial expressions and I couldn't get enough of him on screen. Scarlett Johansson was absolutely phenomenal as Natasha Romanoff. Truthfully she's amazing at any role she does. I may not always like the movies that she's in but I will never stop liking her acting. I feel like the role of Natasha was made for Scarlett Johansson. I mean she does the role so well. I like how both of them were able to create the chemistry between their characters. I've seen some movies where the characters are supposed to be in love but there is no sparks. I loved this two and you guys will as well.



                         Elizabeth Olsen was great as Wanda. I enjoyed seeing her on the screen and she was amazing at portraying Wanda's emotions. I mean she did phenomenal at showing Wanda's grief. I really commend her for how she acted in her role of Wanda. I couldn't imagine anyone else for the role. Aaron Taylor-Johnson was absolutely amazing as Pietro. I am so glad he was casted. He was great in the Pietro-Wanda duo. I enjoyed his acting very much and will look forward to his future works. P.S. he's also hot and my new movie crush. My friend Danielle agrees with me all the way on that.

                         Overall, I loved this movie so much and it was so worth seeing. I actually want to go back to the theater and see it again. The plot was done really well and I loved the characters' development. The acting was really good as well. The bonus clip was amazing too. I mean it went off as a pretty good cliffhanger. It will leave you wanting more. If you are a Marvel fan then you will love this movie. If you are not a Marvel fan then I highly recommend you go see it. You will not regret it. This movie has great action, amazing fight scenes, good character development, and a nice little romance for the ladies.











Stars:                            5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment