Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2015

Dawn of the Arcana volume 1 by Rei Toma









                      About:


                     Princess Nakaba of Senan is forced to marry Prince Caesar of the enemy country Belquat, tantamount to becoming a hostage. While Caesar is pleasing to the eye, he is also selfish and possessive, telling Nakaba outright: "You are my property." With only her attendant Loki at her side, Nakaba must find a way to cope with her hostile surroundings, her fake marriage...and a mysterious power!






My Review:




                 I wasn't sure I wanted to read this manga. I mean it is right up my alley in plot but I was just afraid of wasting my money. Luckily a friend of mine owned a copy so I just borrowed it from her. I ended up loving this volume. It was very interesting. It was half what I was expecting and the other was full of surprises to what I thought was going on. I'm really glad I was able to read this volume. 

                 In this volume, Princess Nakaba is married to Prince Caesar as part of a shaky treaty that no one expects to lasts. She is expecting to be killed sometimes soon because she's from the enemy country and her red hair. Only those with black hair are noble. Along with her attendant, Loki, she's trying to find her place in her new home, trying to deal with Caesar, and slowly discovering her new ability.

                I kind of liked Princess Nakaba. I mean she seemed like a strong person. Despite going through the things she has and being in a place where everyone hates her, she still acts confident and doesn't shrink back. I still don't know too much about her since I only read one volume but I like what I have seen so far. Prince Caesar was interesting. At first he seemed like such a jerk. I mean I hated him so much for how he treated Nakaba but then I saw a bit of his childhood which made me understand why he acts the way he does. It doesn't excuse his actions at all but it helps to know why. I'm curious on how he will change throughout the series, if he ever does. Loki is probably the most mysterious of the three. I mean I find him so intriguing. He obviously cares for Nakaba but I wonder if he has other motives which involve her. Nothing creepy, but he may know a thing or two about her that she doesn't even know herself. So far, I like all the characters and can't wait to see more of them in the future.

                 The plot is very interesting. You have a princess given to an enemy country to force a peace treaty that in the past has never ended well and not only is she struggling with everything she has a new power to deal with. It makes me wonder if she will end up trying to bring the two countries together or destroy them both. Or maybe she will just leave. I'm really curious on what the overall plot is. There was some good build up here. The art was good. I liked the cover a lot and I love Princess Nakaba's hair. I also loved how Loki's kind looked. I thought it was cute and interesting.

                  Overall, I throughly enjoyed this manga. I already downloaded the next volume on my phone and am excited to get a jump on it. I hope the next volume is better than this one. I highly recommend this manga to lovers of fantasy, action, drama, and romance. If you're still unsure then I say give it a chance anyway because it could surprise you like it did me.









Stars:                    

No comments:

Post a Comment