Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (2015)










                    About:


                               After six years of keeping our malls safe, Paul Blart has earned a well-deserved vacation. He heads to Vegas with his teenage daughter before she heads off to college. But safety never takes a holiday and when duty calls, Blart answers.












My Review:





                 I had such high hopes for this movie. I mean the first one was amazing and it had Kevin James in it, who is one of my favorite actors. I did end up being disappointed though. I mean there were some really funny parts but a lot of it was given away in the trailer. It was okay in the beginning but it got a lot more better towards the end though. I do think if you loved the first movie then you should go see this one because it was kinda good probably would have been great if I hadn't seen the trailers. Just don't expect it to be better than the first. I mean there was a bunch of interesting things in the movie so it's not a total waste.

               In this movie, Paul Blart is invited to go to a security officers convention in Last Vega and decides to bring his daughter along. Meanwhile a dealer is trying to steal the priceless art from the hotel to sell to buyers. So when he kidnaps Paul's daughter it's game on for the mall cop to save his daughter and the art.

              Paul was really funny in this movie but he was kind of a jerk. I guess I can understand why because nothing in his life was going right but he really didn't need to be. I mean I felt embarrassed for him. He had his good moments though especially in the last half of the movie. He wasn't too bad of a character at all. I think people would like his jerk side I'm just not one of them. Maya was awesome and I loved how she played a bigger role in this movie and how smart she was. It was cool that she had an active role. She was so cute as well and I loved how she interacted Lane. They were so cute together. I couldn't get enough of them. Lane was pretty awesome. He was there for Maya when her dad was being kind of a jerk and he listened to her problems. I also loved the cute gift he got her. He was really nice too even though Paul was acting very weird and creepy at times when he was looking out for Maya. Divina was so funny. I loved her character so much. When Paul accidentally mistook her being nice for her hitting on him she tried so hard to set everything straight but ends up liking him anyway. It was really funny. Poor girl. Eduardo was interesting. I thought he was one of the bad guys but he turned out to be okay. Though he got a little weird in the end. I liked him a lot for Divina. They could be weird together! Vincent was a good bad guy. I mean he did good with leading his pack of thieves. Yeah he did get a little ridiculous at times but it wasn't so bad.



                 Kevin James was awesome as Paul Blart. I have always enjoyed his acting especially in Grown Ups. I enjoyed Kevin's facial expressions. They were so funny and so dramatic.  He really seemed into his role.  He was great in the first movie but I feel like he was a lot more into the role in this one. Raini Rodriguez was amazing as Maya. She was so cute in her role. I mean I just loved her. She is so perfect as Maya. I can't imagine anyone else to be her. I wish I could see Raini in more things. Both she and Kevin James work well together. 



                   Daniella Alonso was great as Divina. I mean she did great on acting like she had a crush on Paul Blart. I also loved her confused look whenever Paul Blart would accuse her of flirting with him. She was great in her role, very funny. I've seen her in a few other things and I've loved her acting. She definitely brought this movie up. Eduardo Verastegui as Eduardo Furtillo was good as well. I love how convenient it his to have the same name as his character's. It must be pretty awesome. I think he did great in his role as well. I mean he had the look for the part. It would have been nice if his role was a little more extensive.




                     I loved David Henrie in this movie. I've always liked his acting and this is the first time I've seen it in a while. I loved his as Lane. He was so perfect for this role. I mean he was so cute as Lane. I mean he really made Lane seem so sweet. He also a great smile which fit Lane a lot as well. I liked his facial expressions in the fa ct he seemed like a cool guy with his character. I mean he really seemed earnest and trying to help Maya out. I'm glad they cast him for this role. I think all the actors did great jobs with their roles.

                    Overall, this movie was okay.. It got a lot better towards the end. It's one of those movies that get progressively better. The acting was great and so was the characters. I think what kind of tanked this movie a little bit was that they gave most of the funny parts away in the trailers. The action wasn't too bad though. It was very entertaining. Again, I do recommend seeing this movie if you saw the first one but even if you haven't it is still a good movie to see. If you haven't seen the trailers then definitely go see it. I think you would enjoy it. 










Stars:                                  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment