Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Earl and the Fairy volume 4 by Ayuko and Mizue Tani










                   About:


                               Lydia Carlton is a fairy doctor,one of the few people with the ability to see the magical creatures who share our world. During one of her rare trips to London to visit her father, Lydia’s quiet life is suddenly transformed when she is rescued from kidnappers by a mysterious young man!
Lydia has been trapped in a warehouse by Rosalie, a dangerous young woman who commands a bogey-beast and wants Edgar all to herself. What’s more, Lydia has realized that she is in the storehouse where Edgar was first enslaved as a child. Can she discover the secret of his dark past, or will she fall prey to the bogey-beast’s true master?






My Review:




                     I am so upset that this is the last volume in the series. I heard there were more volumes in the Japanese version so I might try to find translated versions online but otherwise I really liked this manga. Why did it have to end so soon? It isn't fair. This manga has captured my heart and I don't want to let go. Anyway this volume is action packed from beginning to end. This volume would definitely not bore you but there are some loose ends and many unanswered questions at the end. It is still a very great read so if you've read the first three volumes you have got to read this one. I mean you made it this far.
                       In this volume, Lydia is currently trapped and has to figure a way out when her soul gets trapped in a bottle. Edgar has to save her quick before her life force does out because it's not with her body. We also learn a slight more about Prince AND we learn more about Edgar's feelings for Lydia. That's like the most exciting part for me. Man I love romance.

                       Lydia is a lot tougher in this volume and definitely brave. What she did for Edgar was amazing and brave. Not a lot of people will do what she did. I love her character a lot and how she know about the darkness and everything but despite that still is good and does good things for people who more than likely deserve it. I'm going to miss her character a lot. Edgar was amazing in this volume as well. I mean he really stepped up and did right by Lydia. I'm proud of him. I also liked that he showed a lot more of his emotions. I mean he wasn't emotional or anything like that but he opened up a little bit which was great. I also love what he says to Lydia. I ship them so much and I wish their relationship wasn't one of the loose ends but it can't be helped. I loved Nico. He was still his sarcastic tough self but he was there for Lydia and was a big help. Nico is still my favorite character and always will be. I mean I love his personality and wish he was my sidekick. He's the greatest so if you love sarcastic but loving fairy felines then you really should read this manga. Nico is the best. Raven was also interesting in this volume as well. He was still his hunter serious nature self but he seemed a lot I don't know, less menacing perhaps. Less of a dark character. I liked Raven a lot as well. He's fitting as Edgar's sidekick and friend. I really wish I knew more about Prince. We learn a little more but nit a lot. It would have been great if the story was continued. That's probably the main disappointing thing. Otherwise the characters were great.

                   The art was as good as always. I love how Lydia and Edgar look. Especially when they were in each other's arms. That was a great drawing. I also love how Nico is drawn. He looks so complex and great. I like this art a lot. It's so pretty and nicely done. The plot is really good. I'm not too happy about the loose ends but otherwise it is a very interesting one that will keep you engaged. This is a manga you will love if you like romance, action, adventure, mystery, and fantasy. Though the romance isn't heavy or a main part so if you don't like romance you should still give this manga a chance.

                     Overall, I really loved this volume and would have given it five stars but because of the loose ends I can't. I am not a huge fan at all about loos ends. They suck so much. Otherwise I loved this volume a lot and enjoyed reading it very much. Now I think I'll reread the volumes back to back to get the whole story together smoothly. I really recommend you check out this series if you haven't already. It really is a great read and not a waste of time. If you do decide to read it I hope you enjoy it.







Stars:                                       4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment