Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Earl & the Fairy volume 3 by Ayuko and Mizue Tani









                          About:


                                    Lydia Carlton is a fairy doctor, one of the few people with the ability to see the magical creatures who share our world. During one of her rare trips to London to visit her father, Lydia's quiet life is suddenly transformed when she is rescued from kidnappers by a mysterious young man!
                                   
                                      Lydia and Edgar have returned to London after their adventure on the Isle of Manan. But life in the capital is no respite for the weary travelers. A being called the Fogman stalks the night streets, snatching children all around town. And it may have something to do with Edgar's past...





My Review:




                  I loved this volume so much. It's my favorite of the manga so far. I mean we finally get to learn more about Edgar's past and there's just some interesting puzzle pieces that appear. I can't get enough of this manga. I love the characters and the plot. I mean I am so glad I happened to find this manga. If you liked volume two you will definitely love this one. I was so disappointed when I finished it. I still haven't bought volume four yet.

                 In this volume, we see Lydia working for Edgar as his personal fairy doctor, Nico scolding Edgar, a little bit of jealousy, a weird entity known as the Fogman, the ignorance of the rich, betrayal, and Edgar's past well part of it. Of course we don't know all of it. I mean have to keep the mysterious man mysterious.

                 Lydia is as sweet as always in this volume though I feel like she is tougher than she was in the other volumes. She also wasn't such a bleeding heart. I mean she had sympathy for Edgar and Raven but she wasn't falling for Edgar's lies which for once he wasn't lying too much. Well he lied a lot but not to Lydia. He still kept things from her but I like that he didn't want to lie to her. Lydia had so much courage and even though Rosalie was a capital b***h and probably deserves it, she really wanted to save Rosalie from being trapped by the Bogey-beast. I admire that about her. Edgar was kind of cute. I mean he tried to make Lydia jealous and constantly asked Raven to look out for her reaction. I mean he was going about it all the wrong way but I thought h=it was cute that he had a crush on her and I loved seeing his tiny bit of jealousy. It was only for a short second but I found it so adorable. Nico was awesome in this volume as well. I can't believe he outright scolded Edgar. I mean it was so funny. I also liked how he looked out for Lydia. Nico is definitely my favorite character so far. I am also interested to see what was in that food can. I hope I find out in the next volume. Raven was also pretty interesting in this volume. I mean he seemed less dark and gloomy. He seemed I don't know...lighter I guess? Well he also seemed wise and gave Lydia some advice on Edgar which I wonder what she'll do with. Though of course she doesn't get the chance because the evil brat Rosalie gets in the way. I mean Rosalie is definitely a character you will absolutely love to hate. I mean she flirts with Edgar and insults Lydia. Oh and don't get me started on what she told Lydia in the warehouse. I can't even imagine how someone could think like that and do horrible things because of it. I hate to admit it but she's a good character in the sense where you feel strong emotions toward her. 

                  The plot in this volume was definitely a lot more intense than in the other volumes. I mean Edgar's past is so thick in this volume. I couldn't help but feel so bad for him. It was really interesting and I couldn't get enough of it. I mean learning about Edgar is addicting. The little bit that was shown wasn't enough. The art was still good. I love how Nico is drawn still. I mean he looks so cool. I also think Raven was drawn a lot better in this volume. I mean he just seemed to fit in more. Edgar still looked as handsome as always. I love how he's drawn. I mean he looks just so pretty. He's like a pretty handsome not a hot handsome. 

                  Overall, I really was drawn into this volume. I was so upset when I finished it. I mean the cliffhanger was just so good. I even yelled at the manga. Good thing I wasn't in public. My sister laughed at how frustrated I was. She also thought I was weird for yelling at a book which she is right but I couldn't help it. The ending was just that good. The characters were pretty good as well. I was really happy with them and I also liked the art. I highly recommend you read this volume if you weren't happy with the others or if you haven't even read the series then what in the world are you waiting for? You should seriously go read this now.





Stars:                      5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment