Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Furious 7 (2015)









                     About:


                                Deckard Shaw seeks revenge against Dominic Toretto and his family for the death of his brother. Director is James Wan.











My Review:




                   I love this movie series so much. I have one through six on dvd. So I was so excited to see this when I heard it was coming out. I even pre-ordered my tickets which I like never do. I was also nervous to see it though because Paul Walker's brother would be standing in for him at times. I was nervous that I would like Brian as much. I am so glad my worries were unfounded. I really was, This movie was absolutely amazing. I mean it's definitely one of my favorites out of all of them. The cars were gorgeous. I wish I had them. The acting was amazing. Man I could go on and on forever about this movie. I really think you should go see this movie of you haven't yet. It is very emotional and thrilling. The action was pretty amazing as well. 

                So in this seventh installment of the Fast and Furious movies, Deckard Shaw is hunting Dominic and his family while Dominic is doing his best to hunt him as well for the death of Han and the threat against Letty. We also have to deal with some people hunting own a hacker named Ramsey for a device called Godseye that can track anyone using any device by hacking cellphones and such all around to find anyone the person with the hands on it desires. We also see Letty struggling to remember her past with Dom and her trying to figure out everything else. 

                I loved agent Hobbs in this movie. He wasn't in it as much as he was in movies five and six but the few moments that he did make an appearance he sure packed a punch...or two. He was so funny in the hospital. I also loved meeting his daughter who was named Samantha so of course I had to like her but the few minutes that she was on screen she had so much sass I loved it. It was hilarious what she said to Dom. If you watched Fast Five you would get it. Elena also wasn't in the movie much but I wanted to comment on her hair. I mean she looked good so at least it wasn't too bad of a change but I loved her with her long locks. Why is everyone cutting their hair? I also liked how she was there for Hobbs though and took care of his daughter. Dominic wasn't as cool and calm as he was in the other movies. I mean he was both here but we also see him angry and so ready for a fight. I mean he goes on a rampage. I found that interesting and nice. I mean he never really got too emotional but that was all he was in this movie. Driven to avenge Han and protect his family. Letty was really interesting in this movie as well. She was there for Dom and she kicked ass as well. I loved what she did at the party and she was really cool. I also liked seeing her emotional side. We rarely got to see that and it was really nice to see it now. Roman was hilarious in this movie. I mean he's always funny but he was just such a scaredy cat and a few other things. He brought some relief from the tension in the movie. I also like the one moment of seriousness he had at Han's funeral. It really added depth to his character. Tej was also pretty good to. He had his funny moments. I love how he and Roman interact. It's so funny but they act like brothers and good friends. I also really liked Ramsey. She was an interesting addition to the team. I mean she was so smart and an amazing hacker like Tej. I don't want to say too much more about her and give everything away.


                      Paul Walker as Brian was amazing. I am so upset that he's gone. Anyway his acting was amazing as always and I couldn't get enough of him on the screen. His brothers stood in for him and you couldn't tell at all. It looked like Paul Walker throughout the whole movie. I mean you really couldn't tell because I tried. They did absolutely amazing with that. Vin Diesel was incredible. I've always loved him in movies and this was no exception. The facial expression he made were phenomenal and he even seemed to act with his eyes. There was so much emotion in them. I was more than satisfied with his acting. Tyrese Gibson was amazing as Roman as always. There is no one else who could play his character. I mean he has the voice for it and he does a pretty amazing job acting like he's scared but trying not to show it. I also like his oh s**t expression. It's pretty good. Ludacris is also very good at his role as Tej. I like his acting a lot. I should really check out his other work. I've only seen him in these movies. He did really good in this movie. He had some really nice expressions. My favorite was the beach scene in this movie.



                        I love Dwayne Johnson's acting. I mean he's always been good and I can't get enough of him. Like I said earlier he wasn't on screen much but wen he was he sure made an impact as you can see above. I loved his crazy facial expressions in this movie. They were so funny and entertaining. I loved his smile too, especially the one he gave Deckard. Jason Statham was really good as Deckard. I mean he just has the look and air about him that makes him good for roles like this one. He really got Deckard's anger across. He makes really good grim facial expressions. I would like to see him in other things. I was very satisfied to have him as the bad guy. I men you have to have a good bad guy. If he sucked then all the other good things dim. 



                     No one could play Letty better then Michelle Rodriguez. I mean it. She was so amazing in this movie. I mean she did really great in making Letty's emotions come across on the screen. I mean she was amazing at the end. I mean she made me cry. I'm serious, I shed a few tears. I also loved how she said her lines. So full of sass. I think she did her greatest in this movie than the others. I mean her acting was amazing.  If you liked her as Letty before, you will love her now. Nathalie Emmanuel was pretty good as Ramsey. I'm not too familiar with her acting but I thought she did a pretty good job. She really did look scared in the movie which is probably hard to do. I mean she looked completely terrified. She did really good. 

                Overall, this movie entirely was phenomenal. There were so many emotional scenes and I love the surprise between Letty and Dom. I had no clue that happened between them but it was a nice sweet touch for the moment at the end. I also loved the ending at the beach. It made me tear up. Though I definitely cried when they did the little montage of all the past movies. It was really sweet and got me so emotional. The tribute they made to Paul was amazing too. You will so cry I swear. The ending was perfect. It couldn't be more perfect. I highly suggest you go see the next showing. I saw it in IMAX which made it even better so if you can go look up movie times now.





Stars:               5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment