Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Hana-Kimi vol 7-9 by Hisaya Nakajo










                        About:


                                  Mizuki's big lie gets even messier when her male alter ego starts dating Julia, the transfer student from America. Plus, a certain devious teacher targets Mizuki's friend Nakatsu and levies charges that could ultimately get him kicked out of school! As she struggles to keep her cover and her cool under pressure, things heat up more than ever for Mizuki and her classmates.









My Review:





                  I love this series so much! It's so entertaining with its cast of characters but it's also sweet and light which is great. This set of volumes was definitely a little more serious than the others with the drama of Nakatsu's situation and the added pressure of Julia. I liked that though. This situations brought out the characters' weaknesses and other parts of themselves. We see Mizuki's helplessness, Nakatsu's jealousy, and Sano's feelings about Mizuki. We really see the many faces of the characters in this set. I liked that a whole lot. I think this might be my favorite of the series so far. It's just so much more developed. There were still the funny parts we all know and love but it was also more serious which gave it more depth.

                 In this set of volumes, Julia tells everyone that she's dating Mizuki which brings out Nakatsu's green monster. Julia also confronts Sano on whether or not he knows about Mizuki's secret which in return reveals something awesome. We see some of Dr. Umeda's....extracurricular activities which Mizuki unfortunately stumbles upon. Poor Mizuki. We also see Nakatsu become the scapegoat for a teacher who is on a rampage to bring order to the school. There's also a weird photographer who wants to have Mizuki, Nakatsu, Sano, and Nanba to model for him. Oh, and he seems to have a huge crush on Umeda which is hilarious. Oh and we meet Saon's little brother and learn a little bit more about his family.

                 Mizuki is still such a sweetheart which is awesome. I also liked seeing her helpless well not really but it showed she cared a lot for Nakatsu and wished she could help with all her might. She is my second favorite character besides Umeda. Umeda wasn't in the manga as much which bothered me but when he was he sure made an impression. I can't believe what he was doing on a school trip. Poor Mizuki had to see that. I also loved his outfits besides his school nurse uniform. It was also funny at how annoyed he was with the photographer. Their interactions were so funny. I saw a lot more of Sano's thoughts in this set and I loved it! I mean I'm always wondering what he was thinking and we finally get to see it. I mean he's so expressionless. Well not a lot but he always has that serious look on his face. He is so cute! He's also very sweet. The things he thinks about for Mizuki are just so cute. I so want to see more of his thoughts in the future. Nakatsu had so much more depth in these volumes than before. I mean he was so much more mature. He was still his stupid funny self who loves Mizuki but you really see him get serous when charges for cheating are brought up against him. He does his best to not worry anyone and to handle his situation as best he can. I'm proud of him. Julia was an awesome friend to Mizuki. I'm surprised she left already though. I figured she would have stayed in the series longer. I loved how much she fought with Nakatsu. They are so funny together and actually wonder if they could ever be a thing. I mean yeah he loves Mizuki who he assumes is a guy so that might not work out but still. All the characters grew. I liked that a lot and hope to see them grow some more.

                 The plot was really good. I mean better than the other volumes. I mean it created situations which forced the characters to face their feelings and grow according to that. It was very interesting to watch. I mean the drama was nice but I hope it never gets too hectic. The romance even seems to be progressing at a nice slow pace which I liked a lot as well. I mean it's not going too fast which is great. I hate when that happens. I mean there's no build up which is not a problem here. The art was good as always. I love the cover. It's so cute and colorful which is perfect for right now since it's spring. I love how Umeda looks. I know he's not drawn any differently but he looks better. Well not better but more handsome. Also Mizuki looks cute which matches her personality perfectly. I like the art a lot and it's as good as always.

                 Overall, I loved this volume a lot and if the other volumes weren't as full of depth as you would have liked then read this one. Also if you haven't read this series yet I highly suggest you do. It's so much fun to read and you will fall in love with the characters. You won't be able to get enough of them. I mean I want Mizuki's real gender to be revealed so she can date Sano but at the same time I don't want her to because I don't want anything to change. Also if you hate fast paced romances this isn't one of them so you can enjoy a nice build up of a romance. The plot is really good and the art is great. I highly recommend this series.






Stars:                             5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment