Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Black Bird volume 5 by Kanoko Sakurakouji










                            About:


                                      Misao thinks she's come to terms with being the bride of prophecy and dating a tengu lord. But is she ready to bear her handsome demon an heir?!

Kyo's grandfather is impatient to secure the power of the prophecy and the line of succession, and he doesn't care which of his grandsons fathers Misao's baby. If Kyo doesn't act fast, he'll lose Misao and the leadership of the clan. But despite his desire for Misao, Kyo is hesitant to consummate their relationship, for that will bring about catastrophe...





My Review:





                   This volume was ok. I mean there have been better volumes. It wasn't a total waste though because there were some interesting things like with Kyo's older brother. I mean could he actually have feelings for Misao and is not just a cold hearted evil demon? I mean I found that part to be highly interesting. Probably the best part of this whole volume. The rest was again just ok. I guess I just felt that the plot was predictable. I also just wasn't satisfied. I really hope that the next volume is better and it just doesn't turn out to be a long dragged out series that just gets worse. I mean there is a lot more volumes after this one. 

                       In this volume, Kyo gets word that his grandfather wants him home and to bring Misao. The catch is that he wants Kyo to get Misao pregnant. Kyo of course doesn't want to do that because he's afraid of what will become of Misao if he does. We also meet one of Kyo's brother's spies and see a glimpse of maybe a soft spot for Misao in him which I mentioned earlier. There wasn't much else in this volume.

                         Misao was ok. I mean she had her great moments of strength in this volume but there were times where she was kind of insensitive to Kyo which annoyed me but I guess it's finally time to see her make a mistake. Before she was kind of the perfect character. Kyo was good in this volume. He was his usual self but I don't know he also seemed different. I guess he seemed more gallant? I think that's the word I'm looking for. He was ready to figure out a plan to keep Misao safe and not follow his grandfather's wishes without losing her to his brother. His plan is actually pretty smart. I was impressed. We also meet Ayame who is Sagami's wife. She is so cute and adorable. I love her character. I hope we see more of her. I mean she's so bright and full of light and energy. She's really sweet and so nice to Misao. I also find her power to be interesting and cool. Sagami was also very interesting in this volume. We usually don't see him too much but we really see his true character when his wife came about. He really is sweet too and kind of romantic. I mean I would love to have him as a boyfriend. I also hope to see more of his personality. I liked the little I saw and really hope to see more of him but I also want to see the rest of Kyo's entourage. I mean the glimpses of their personalities seem amazing. I really want to see a lot more of them. I like these characters a lot and hope to see a lot more development.

                             The plot was ok. I guess it didn't seem too original to me and just wasn't executed well either. It could have been done a lot better. So frankly I was disappointed. The art was still amazing though. I can't get enough of Kyo in his demon form. He's just so handsome and beautiful. I love it when he's in his demon form. I also love Misao's eves. They are so big and pretty. Oh and Ayame was so pretty too. I loved the way she looked and thought she complimented Sagami. I mean they look so cute together and I totally mean look wise. Sagami also looks good.. He's just pretty and elegant.  All the characters look good. 

                            Overall, the manga wasn't too bad. The plot was just lacking but it's an important part. What made up for it was the characters and the art. If you haven't read the manga at all then don't let this review stop you from checking it out. It's usually really good. If you have been reading it then I do think you should read this volume for the small things dealing with Kyo's brother. It'll be worth it.  An I mean why wouldn't you want to see more of Kyo?








Stars:                     3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment