Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

Skip Beat! vol 28-30 3 in 1 by Yoshiki Nakamura










                      About:


                               Ren's new roles are dredging up old memories best left buried. He's having trouble dealing with the emotional turmoil, and Kyoko's sudden popularity with her cast mate Kijima isn't helping matters! Can Kyoko keep Ren's warring personalities in check, or will his dark persona forget that his violent edge is supposed to be an act?!










My Review:





                    I loved this volume so much! I mean we get so much of just Kyoko and Ren time! I loved that so much. It get's to deepen their relationship which I thought was important. I couldn't put it down. I was so upset when it ended. I mean it was getting so good. I love how everything was coming together two. There were a bunch of things that were mentioned throughout the series but never connected but now we're finally seeing something which is also getting me really excited. You have got to read this series if you haven't already. 

                  In this set of volumes, we see Ren's old pass creep up on him after a failed stunt on set and when a co-star of his provokes him at work! Kyoko who thinks Ren could never have a dark past is starting to learn something different. Ren is starting to realize that she could be the answer to his problems but how is Kyoko supposed to help when she doesn't know anything? We also see the two as the brother sister duo they pretend to be for Ren's new job as BJ. 

                 Kyoko was amazing in this volume. She was a pillar of strength for Ren. She didn't know what was going on but she was there for Ren whenever he needed her. I thought that was amazing. She also seemed a lot more mature too. It could be because of her new role as Cain's badass little sister. I mean she couldn't have her weird funny Kyoko moments as Setsu. We also see that Kyoko might actually be having feelings for Ren. Which definitely is exciting. Again it's not much but definitely something. Ren was so interesting. I mean we finally see a lot more and I mean a lot of Ren's dark past. We don't know the whole story but we do know that everybody has a dark side I guess. I never thought Ren would have one. I also liked how he wasn't dense or stubborn about the fact that Kyoko could help him with that darkness. Yes, he's reluctant to tell her I mean anyone would but he's listening to the President for once. I'm also glad to see a lot more of him. I mean we've seen plenty of him in the past but that was when he hated her and then they were focusing a lot on Kyoko, and then the small scenes with Christmas and Valentines but we finally get to see him react and do a full job together. Yeah they have to act like brother and sister 24/7 but it's something. I ship those two so hard together. I so can't wait for when they finally get together. The wait is so full of agony but I'm glad it's not one of those mangas where they get together right away. The President was also pretty awesome in this set of volumes. He guides Ren and encourages him subtly using Kyoko and is guiding her as well. I mean he's still a crazy, fluffy mastermind character but I felt that he played a better role in these volumes. I didn't see much more of the other characters which sucked but if they were there then we would have as much Ren and Kyoko time which I am so totally ok with.

                  The plot is finally getting really thick with Ren's past. It's so good and I can't get enough of it. I mean the plot was always good in this series but I love the darker turn it is taking and can't see what happens next. The art was alao amazing as usual. I love Kyoko's look as Setsu. I mean if you read my last review of the series then you know how much. I mean she looks so beautiful and badass. A dangerous combination but so cool.  I also loved how Ren looked as Cain on set. I mean he looked so...beastly. I think that's the word I'm looking for. I mean he really looked like a beast. I mean not a creature but he looked pretty intimidating. I always love Yoshiki Nakamura's work.

                  Overall, I have to say this is definitely one of my favorite volumes besides the first one. It was so good with the art and the plot. The characters were phenomenal as always and I can't wait to see more of them in the next volumes. I highly recommend you read this set if you haven't already. I'm serious. If you haven't started this manga yet at all please do. I'm confident that if you love comedy, romance, and self discovery stories then you will so love this series. These volumes were really good. This series just keeps getting better and better with each new volume.







Stars:                           5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment