Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Monster Hunter Orage volume 1 by Hiro Mashima









                        About:


                      Shiki's mission is to wanter to the ends of the Earth to hunt down a terrifying monster of legends! His companion is Ailee, a skilled huntress who would rather have nothing to do with the airheaded Shiki. Now the excitement of the Monster Hunter games meets the creative of Fairy Tail's Hiro Mashima in a fun, thrill-filled fantasy adventure!




My Review:




                I had high expectations with this manga because it's by Hiro Mashima. Fairy Tail is one of my all time favorite animes and mangas. I can't say this is as good as Fairy Tail because it's the first volume but I didn't think it was horrible compared to it. I liked it, though it seemed a lot like Fairy Tail. I mean we have an airheaded character, guilds, and special abilities. There are somethings that are completely different though so don't think that it is a rip off from Fairy Tail. 

                This volume is about Shiki who is a monster hunter. He is searching for a legendary monster that his master was obsessed with. He's also a special kind of monster hunter that has more access than a regular monster hunter. He ends up going to a guild to find comrades to go on adventures with. There he meets Ailee is tough and coolheaded. She hates the idea of becoming comrades with someone and wants to do jobs alone. Of course, she ends up partnering up with him anyway do to some information coming to light about Shiki's master.

                Shiki is very airheaded. I actually think he's more stupid than Natsu from Fairy Tail. He just dives head first into everything and doesn't take no for an answer considering Ailee ended up as his comrade when she didn't want to be near him in the first place. I find his character amusing though I like Natsu better. Ailee is interesting. I like how she was tough and standoffish. She also seemed stuck up at times which was interesting. I wonder a lot on how she got that way. I also love her fighting style. I'm really excited to see more of her in the future. Curlon Belusas otherwise know as "The Prince" is an interesting character. I mean he's a typical bully thinking he's all that. I kind of thought he was a creep. I'm interested to see what he will do to get more power but otherwise he's in the back of my mind. Sakuya is really cute. I love her character a lot. She seems so nice and sweet which I think balances the team dynamic. I mean we have the airhead, the ice queen, and the cute blacksmith. I also love how their team is really small. I also love how strong she is. I mean she did her best to slay the monster that killed her mom and she was able to do it. I also love her weapons. They are really cool. I hope to see more sides of Sakuya.

               The plot is not bad. I mean it's not the most unique, but it isn't horrible. I hope it gets better. I would hate for it to just be a dud because it isn't done right or doesn't become unique enough. The art is really good. I love Hiro Mashima's art style. I love how rugged it looks. I also think the monsters are very cool looking. They aren't scary but don't look too cute. I love their designs. I really can't wait to see different kinds of monster. They better look different. 

               Overall, this volume was bad. It could be better and I hope to see it improve during the next volumes. I liked the characters a lot. Truthfully, the only reason I picked up this manga is because it was by Hiro Mashima. I will admit some of you may not like it because of how good Fairy Tail is but I think you would like it and should give it a shot since it's a short series. I recommend this manga to those you love, fantasy, adventure, and a little bit of comedy.







Stars:                     

No comments:

Post a Comment