Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

So Cute it Hurts! volume 1 by Go Ikeyamada









                         About:


                       The Kobayashi twins, Megumu and Mitsuru, were named after historical figures, but only Megumu has grown up with a taste for history. So when Mitsuru is in danger of losing his weekends to extra history classes, he convinces his sister to swap clothes with him and ace his tests! After all, how hard can it be for them to play each other?

But Megumu can't rely on just her book smarts in Mitsuru's all-boys, delinquents paradise of a high school. And Mitsuru finds life as a high school girl to be much more complicated than he expected!




My Review:




                 This manga was absolutely adorable! I couldn't get enough of it. I always thought the description was a little weird so I avoided picking up this manga, but I ended up reading a preview of it and then couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was so upset when I finished this volume. I really didn't want this volume to end. If you hate cute content then you should steer clear and warning to those who love cuteness. This manga could give you a nosebleed XD.

                This volume is about twins Megumu and Mitsuru who are complete opposites. One day Mitsuru asks Megumu to switch places with him because he need help passing history. Even though she says no, Mitsuru steals her clothes and wears a wig to her school forcing her to go to his. A consequence of this switch is that both of them meet someone who makes their heart flutter. Too bad they could never reveal their feelings. 

              Megumu was absolutely adorable. I mean she is just full of sweetness and freaks out about every little thing. She loves history and is such a geek. She also cares a lot for her brother. What I liked was that she was different from the cliched innocent character. I mean yeah she had many panic attacks but there were moments where she was strong emotionally too. Mitsuru is cocky, a little bit of a player, and cheeky, very cheeky. He's a tiny bit full of himself and forced Megumu to switch places with him, but he isn't uncaring. He really cares for his sister as well and does his best to make sure that the problems he causes at her school don't affect her at all. He's also can't stand bullying and will help others out when he can. He can be selfish at times but overall he's a really great guy and character. I have to say he's my favorite so far. Aoi Sanada is a very interesting character. Everyone's scared of him yet he's really nice and sweet. He's also Megumu's love interest. I'm mostly curious on why he wear's an eye patch. I keep constantly wondering what happened to make him wear one. I think it's a little too early to ship them but I'm interested to she where their relationship will go. Shino is also really cute and interesting. She can't hear or speak so I'm also curious if it's genetic or not. Mitsuru has a little bit of a crush on her. He even learned sign language so he can talk to her. Same thing, I am curious to see where their relationship will go.

                The plot is a little cliche in the fact of siblings switching places but Go Ikeyamada really spiced it up with adding in someone who's deaf and another who where's an eye patch. The plot is really engaging. It hooked me from the very first chapter. There is no getting bored here. The art is also really cute and pretty. I absolutely love the shading. It was done very well. I also love how the characters are drawn. Their eyes are absolutely gorgeous. The cover is okay but I love the colors.

              Overall, I loved this volume so much. It was very refreshing and really kept me on my toes and gave me a few laughs. I loved the characters and plot. I'm a little worried that they gained crushes so quickly but otherwise I have no problems with this manga so far. I'm really excited to read the next volume and see what happens next to both Megumu and Mitsuru. 









Stars:                         

No comments:

Post a Comment