Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

Ubel Blatt volume 1 by Etorouji Shiono









                       About:


                      After twenty long years in the dark, the time has come for a confrontation with Glenn, one of the seven heroes!

Hatred...envy...confusion...Koinzell's heart overflows with emotion as he moves singularly toward his revenge, blade in hand! But it only takes an instant for the situation to take an unexpected turn...





My Review:





                  I like this series but I don't know how I overly feel about it. Oh there is a prequel called volume 0 so if this series seems remotely interesting to you then you have to read it or you will be really confused. This series also isn't for those who aren't mature. There's violence, nudity, sex, and a few other things. Ubel Blatt a very dark series so if you love light sweet manga then this is so not what you want to read. 

                 In this volume, Koinzell is finally ready to get his revenge for what he seven heroes did to him, but things don't go as planned. He soon becomes lost and stumbles around while getting caught up in a nobleman's scheme of kidnapping girls. 

                 Koinzell is by no means a hero but he isn't evil either. I can't help but feel for his character. I mean I know his major goal is to get revenge and kill the seven heroes, but I can't help but cheer for him. I want him to get his revenge. It feels weird not cheering for the hero of the story  but I guess in this case there is no hero at all. I don't really know how to describe Koinzell because he's always just fighting or full of anger. I don't know much of his personality but to me I guess he seems like a shell of a person. He seems like he's just going through the motions in life. Like his only purpose is to kill the seven heroes. It makes me wonder what will happen to him once he succeeds in his goal. Peepi is cute and is really nice. I didn't get to see much of her character but I like her a lot. I hope to see a bigger role for her or at least see a happy ending for her because something tells me that this series won't have many happy endings. Ato is interesting. At first she tried to kill Koinzell for killing her brother but now it's something different. I like how strong and fearless she is. Even though she knows she could lose, she tries anyway. Altea is definitely an interesting character. She acts tough though truthfully she is really weak. I like her character for it. I mean we never truly see a weak character.I like the characters a lot but it's really hard to connect with them at all. They all are really messed up.

              The plot is very interesting. Yeah, it's another plot of revenge but it has such a huge twist that makes this manga unique. It brings you into a whole world full of magic, creatures, and a bunch other things. The art is okay. I like it but it doesn't wow me or anything. I do have to give a thumbs up though to how graphic it is. It's well done. I mean very well done. It also isn't too much either where you lose interest.

               Overall, I really do like this series. It doesn't impress me a lot but I can't stop reading it. It like has a pull on me. I'm excited to see what happens to Koinzell in the future and to see if anyone will ever believe him. If you don't like graphic violence or sex scene then you should really steer clear of this manga but if you don't mind them and love plots full of revenge then you should pick up a copy. Don't forget to pick up the prequel first though. 








Stars:                   

P.S. What do you guys think of my new rating system? It's Mini Mew from Tokyo Mew Mew for those of you who don't know. My Mini Mews were drawn by a wonderful artist. Her Tumblr username is on the Contact Me page for those of you who want to check out her stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment