Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Rosario + Vampire volume 3 by Akihisa Ikeda









                   About:


                    All around average teenager Tsukune can't get accepted to any high school save one...but on his first day, he finds the rest of the student body doesn't appear average in the least. Best of all, the cutest girl on campus can't wait to fling her arms around his neck! Wait a sec'--are those teeth around his neck too...? Tsukune's going to have one heck of a hickey when he gets home from Monster High! But does he have a chance in H-E-double hockey sticks of raising his grades ata school where the turf war isn't between the jocks and the nerds but the vampires and the werewolves?






My Review:






                You all saw my reviews of the anime and how I thought it could have been so much better. I decided a little while ago to read the manga because I heard it was better than the anime. I'm so glad I did. It is so much better. It's still funny and comical but in a totally tasteful way. I would have wrote a review for the first two volumes but it was during regents week and I got too busy to write a review and by the time I got to it thew feelings weren't fresh but at least I was able to post this one. So for those of you who didn't like the anime but liked the idea of it, then you should definitely read the manga. I liked this volume a lot. It was so interesting and very funny. I was disappointed when it ended. I have to buy the next volume.

                 In this volume, the Enforcers retaliate after Moka beats up one of them by trying to reveal that Tsukune is a human. Moka gives blood to Tsukune which gives surprising results. Also Tsukune gets targeted by the math teacher and becomes trapped by her making Moka the hero again.

                 Tsukune is still really nice and calm. He liked hanging out with Moka except for when she sucks his blood. I wish there was a little something more about him though. I know he's supposed to make him the everyday teenager, I just wish he was a little less average. We never get to see what he likes to do or much of his personality other than he's really nice and has a strong sense of loyalty and friendship. Those are big important parts of his personality, I just...want something more? I don't know how to explain it. Moka is still such a cutie. I find her so adorable. I can't get enough of her. She's such a sweetheart but has her kickass vampire side which is so cool and awesome. She's my favorite character. SHe's like so innocent as well. She also has the right amount of insecurity. I mean she's insecure enough which makes her feel like a teenager but not too much where you find her personality so annoying. I like them a lot for each other. I think they would be so cute together but I don't feel like I have to ship them, if that makes any sense. Like my love for them isn't strong? I want them to be together but I don't feel the attraction between them yet. Gin stepped up as a character. He wasn't just his normal perverted self. He really stepped up when he fought for his club and friends. He didn't even make Tsukune reveal his true identity. I liked that a lot. He even seemed cool. I would like to see more of that side to him in the future. Kurumu was great support for Tsukune in this volume. She's the one to convince Gin to help. She also was pretty funny when she fought with Yukari. Yukari didn't play much of a role in this volume other than to fight with Kurumu. All the characters were great in this volume. 

              The plot wasn't bad. It spiced things up for the different monsters each chapter. I like the overall plot of a human entering a monsters only high school. It's pretty intersting. I wish it was a little more serious though. The art is okay. I absolutely love the cover. It looks so cool with Moka's vampire form. I love how Moka's vampire form is drawn. I'm not a big fan of Tsukune. His face is a little too round for me. Their eyes though are great. I like how they look.

               Overall, I really liked this volume. It's much better than the first two. It was still funny but had more serious moments which I liked very much. The ending wasn't bad as well. If you love comedy and the thought of a human going to an all monster school then you should definitely check this out. I recommend it. I'm excited to read the next volume. 







Stars:                            4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment