Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Amagi Brilliant Park









                   About:


                     Seiya was forced to accept an invitation to an amusement park by the mysterious and beautiful girl Isuzu. What he didn't know was that she would bring him to the decrepit Amagi Brilliant Park, Japan's most disappointing amusement park. Seiya is introduced to the leader of the Park, the "real princess" Latifah, who suddenly entrusts him with saving the park, which is in danger of shutting down. Amagi Brilliant Park, it turns out, is not just any amusement park, but rather one populated by fairies.












My Review:



                 



                  I first heard about this anime from the Crunchyroll panel at AnimeNext and I have been so excited to watch it. I'm so glad I finally did. It's so good that I plan to rewatch it soon. I mean it was that good. It's so funny and not filled with the usual run of the mill gags. I must warn you though that this is an anime for weirdos. I mean there are some really weird and a sliver creepy in this anime. If you're not a fun of weird or wacky things, don't even bother to watch it. Though if you love comedy then this is an anime for you. It's filled with magic, curses, business, perverted drunk mascots, and a few other weird things.

                This show is about a park that is run down and barely able to stay open. It houses magical creatures from another land trying to gain magical energy from the laughter of children, but that can't happen if no one even bothers to show up! To save the park, the residents follow a prophecy and hire Kanie to become General Manager of the park. 

                  Kanie is not the typical nice, sweet innocent character that usually is the hero of these animes. Instead, he's full of himself, has no friends, cocky, and can be really rude. He's not all bad though. He decides to do all he can to save the park and the creatures who resides in it. I liked Kanie a lot as the main character. He wasn't the typical character which was very refreshing. It also was so much fun seeing him explode into anger. I also liked seeing him slowly fall in love with the park and everyone in it. It was great. Sento is Kanie's secretary and the one to force him to the park, with a gun I might add. Did that peak your interests? It sure did mine. And this was just the first episode! Sento is a really interesting character. Her face is usually blank and she seems non-sentimental but you quickly learn that that is not the case. You could tell that she loves the park so dearly and the princess as well. She would do anything to help, which usually means resorting to her guns. I liked Sento's character a lot. Latifa is the princess of the magical land the residents of the park came from. She's under a magical curse and to save her life she needs the park to stay open and thrive. Even though she wasn't in the anime much she was still n important character. She was  good incentive to make Kanie work extra hard and she kept morale going. She was the typical sweetheart princess but in this case, it was perfect. Okay, so there is no way I can write this review without mentioning the "three stooges" of the park. That would be Tirame, Moffle, and Macaron. They are the drunk perverted main mascots I was mentioning earlier. They are a major reason why this anime is so funny. I'll talk about them individually. Tirame looks like some cute fluffy pink cat thing but he is so not cute. He is really perverted and will do any slimy thing to get near women, even betray his friends. He also loves to blow things up. He's real good at creating bombs oh and loves to make trouble. He can be a little blood thirsty at times as well. Moffle is princess Latifa's uncle. He is constantly at odds with Kanie and tries to attack him constantly. He has anger management problems and loves to drink. He also loves war scenarios and can get ahead of him self sometimes. But he also loves his niece very much and will do anything he can for her. Macaron is very talented when it comes to music and mischief. He loves to pull tricks on friends but is very loyal. He and Tirame cause the most trouble I say. Those three are really funny and something you don't want to miss. I loved all the characters in this anime and don't have a problem with any of them.

                  The plot is pretty good. I like the idea a lot. I mean it has cliche elements but isn't overall cliche which I thought was pretty cool. So if you hate cliches I still think you should give this anime a try. The art isn't that bad either. I especially loved the facial expressions of the characters. Especially, Tirame and Macaron's expressions. They were hilarious. I like how cute they made princess Latifa and I thought Kanie looked like his personality fit. At times I felt he looked like Haru from Free!

                  Overall, I really loved this series. It's funny, creative, and will make you laugh so hard. This is so not a show geared towards children. The only thing is that episode thirteen was so not need at the end. It was an hilarious episode but with the sweet happy ending in episode twelve, episode thirteen kind of ended the heart warming mood.  Otherwise, I have no complaints. I highly recommend for those looking for an extremely funny anime and has the free time to binge it. Trust me, this is an anime to binge.









Stars:                    5/5


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment