Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Chosen at Nightfall book 5 by C.C. Hunter








                     About:


                      When Kylie Galen entered Shadow Falls Camp, she left her old life behind forever and discovered a world more magical than she ever imagined. A place where your two best friends can be a witch and a vampire...and where love doesn't happen the way you'd expect. 

                  When Kylie's most powerful enemy returns to destroy her once and for all, there's only one way to stop him--to step into her full powers and make a stunning transformation that will amaze everyone around her. But her journey won't be complete until she makes one final choice: which guy to love. Should she choose the werewolf who broke her heart but will give anything to win her back, or the half-fae who ran from their attraction before they had a chance? Everything's she's learned at Shadow Falls has been preparing her for this moment--when her fate will be revealed and her heart claimed forever.





My Review:




                 I am so happy to finally finish this series. It was one emotional ride for me. I have been putting off reading this book because I didn't want this series to end but at the same time I needed to finish it. Have you ever had that feeling? Where you love a series but you know you need to just finish it? Well, I did for this series. I'm just glad it wasn't one of those series where it's live twenty books long. Anyway, I really liked this book along. I stayed up so late reading it. I couldn't put it down. I think this book is tied with the first one. I always find that the first and last books are the best in the series and here is the same case. 

              This final installment of the series is about Kylie who has finally figured out what she was, learning to figure out what her full powers really are. She also has to finally choose between Derek and Lucas. This also where she has her final showdown with Mario. 

              Kylie is a protector which allows her to only use her powers to help others. Never herself. This also adds to her personality of being really nice. I liked that she was really nice and caring. But it was also great that she had her own faults as well. Kylie is one of my favorite protagonists ever. I can't really fully explain why but I think you would understand if you read the series or if you are currently reading the series then I think you get what I'm feeling. I loved how Kylie handled things with Derek and Lucas. It wasn't whining on I don't know who to choose and she didn't lead either of them on. Derek was such a sweetheart as always. I love his character so much. I like how he's always what Kylie needs whether as a friend or not. That being said I was never on team Derek throughout the series. I was always a Lucas fan. Though I wasn't much of his fan in book four. Lucas was totally wrong for what he did. For a while because of his actions I was on Team Who Needs A Man, but he won me over again. I proudly declare that he is currently my new book boyfriend. This proves how much I like him. He really cared for Kylie and was willing to do anything to get her back. I loved his determination. I love Kylie's best friends. Made me wish that I had cool friends like them. I felt like I didn't get to see much of Miranda in this books as I did in the others which made me kind of sad. I love Miranda and her tiny screw ups. She is such a great friend to Kylie. Della was a lot more present in this book. I love her kick ass attitude and her tough love. I also love how stubborn she is. I absolutely can't wait to read her story. Holiday is still the sweetheart big sister that we all know and love except she's engaged and full of great news. I loved her character so much throughout the series. I wish I had a big sister like her. I like how she is so protective of Kylie. I also love her partner Burnett. He is so protective of Kylie as well and I love how stubborn and unreasonable he could be. He is such a great match for Holiday. I have always been rooting for them. 

               The plot is really great. I loved the turn things took in this book. It took a twist I didn't see coming. I liked that I couldn't predict what was going to happen. Usually I have some idea of what is going to happen because I've read so much. I really liked the cover for the book. The color is really pretty and I like how the model looks on the cover.

                Overall, this book was really great. It was the perfect ending to the series. The character development was absolutely amazing. I loved seeing how the characters have grown. I also loved the ending. It was the perfect ending of the books. So sweet and just great. I'm not saying anything more because I don't want to spoil anything. I highly recommend this series to supernatural romance lovers. This series is better than the Twilight series but I guess it doesn't really say much because I hated that series but oh well you should still give it a shot. If you are currently reading the series you should be happy to know that this book will not disappoint you in the slightest.








Stars:                      5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment