Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dengeki Daisy volume 2 by Kyousuke Motomi









                 About:


                   After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, and enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help. Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks?







My Review:






                  It took me forever to find this volume because every store I went to had volumes 1 then every single volume after 2. It drove me insane. Thank goodness I found this volume at AnimeNext. I like this manga a lot. It's a really nice concept of having someone mysterious always be there for you. Just a text away. It's also different from the cliche romance. Yes, there's the generic falling for someone without meeting them without realizing that they're a friend or something, but it does it in such a different way. We learn early on who it is but the main character still doesn't know which is cool. 

                In this volume, Teru ends up having to stay at Kurosaki's apartment while Daisy looks for an apartment for her. Meanwhile the school gets a new counselor who knows Kurisaki. Also someone is trying to find out everything they can about Daisy. They will do anything, even use someone close to Teru to get that information.

                 Teru is so nice but not too nice. She cares about people but isn't annoyingly goody goody about it. I like how strong she is and how accepting she is. I feel like it makes her character unique. She's not going blindly about things like most characters I've seen in the same situation. She's not the naive sweet cliche character. So it's a nice change of pace. Kurosaki is the old cliche of being a jerk to the girl he likes so she doesn't realize it. I love this cliche though, if it's done right. I saw this anime where the guy was such a huge jerk that I hated his character and ship the girl with someone else. Kurosaki was done right. I love his character a lot. I love seeing his thoughts of Teru. He's so sweet and kind. Too bad the past with Teru's brother is holding him back which upsets me so much but at the same time I'm kind of glad. I don't want them to get together too early, especially since the whole series is sixteen volumes. I ship them so hard. Riko is an interesting new addition. I was very unsure of her because of the description of her in the summary, but I lik her character. So far she's protected Teru and gives Kurosaki a good a$$ kicking when he needs one which is great. I'm not happy with all of her actions though(jerk trying to tear apart my ship) but she might me a good addition. We'll see in the next volume. Masuda is an interesting character. I like how he teases Kurosaki about his relationship with Teru and how he tries to help him out. I'm excited to learn more about him in the future volumes.

                  The plot again, is a tiny bit cliche but it's done so well that it isn't boring or annoying. I love the mystery surrounding Teru's brother and how this manga isn't a typical romance. There's hint of action and also it's pretty funny but not overly comical where it takes away from the story. It's just enough to make you chuckle and go "Oh Teru..." The art is a little eh for my taste but I absolutely love how Kurosaki is drawn. He looks so handsome and tough at the same time. He also looks like his typical grumpy character too. Also he's not done over too much where he looks like a thug or bad boy. I think Teru looks pretty adorable as well. 

                                  Overall, This volume was pretty good. Not to stuffy of drama where it made you not want to read. It was pretty entertaining. The tiny cliffhanger at the end about Kurosaki's feelings was great. It drove me crazy. I can't wait to read the next volume. Good thing I bought it as well. I highly recommend this for people who like this cliche but hoping for something different as well. If you love Beast Master, this is the author of it so you should check it out. Romance and drama lovers should pick this up.










Stars:                       5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment