Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Toradora!









                           About:


                         Despite Ryuji Takasu's gentile personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent. Class rearrangements on his second high school year put him together with his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, and his hidden crush Minori Kushieda. Along with these two comes Kushieda's best friend, Taiga Aisaka. Her delicate appearance contrasts with her brutal personality. Secretly in love with Kitamura, Taiga agrees to help Ryuji with his love interest as long as he helps her get closer to hers.






My Review:







                  It was a little hard to get into the series. It took five episodes before I fell completely head over heels with Toradora!. I mean to me it was weird and slow at first and then bam! It turned amazing. I could not stop watching. It's funny as hell with really sweet moments. It's not like most romantic comedies out there. Despite all the hilarious moments, it also has some very deep ones too. You really connect with the characters and feel so much for them. So, if you're looking for a pure comical romance then you won't find that here. This anime may be funny but again there are some really deep stuff in this anime as well.

                  Toradora! is about Ryuji who is in love with Minori but hasn't had the courage to act on it. He's a little less confident since his face is scary looking. Taiga likes Kitamura who is Ryuji's best friend. They then band together to help each other with their crush's forging a very unique friendship.

                    Taiga is a spitfire like no other. Everyone calls her the palm top tiger because of how bad her temper is. Despite the fact that she's the shortest person in the class, she is also the strongest. Most people are scared of her because of it combined with her temper. I liked her character a lot. Despite her toughness, she also had a soft little girl side that just doesn't want to be alone. I really liked her character development. I loved that she didn't stay the typical hot headed person. Ryuji is like the house mother of the group. Despite his fierce looks, he loves to clean and cook. He can't get enough of it. He can also sew, but don't mistake that for liking girly things. This isn't Otomen here. He's still a typical guy but he can be adorable himself with the way he acts around Minori. Minori is a little bit of a weird character. She's very different from the others. She is always upbeat and pumped for anything. She loves wearing a bald cap as well. Don't worry, she only wears it for a couple episodes. She also doesn't believe she'll find love, that it's like finding a ghost. Minori was an okay character for me. I really liked her in some episodes and just really disliked her in others. It's a little hard to explain. I loved how good a friend she was for Taiga. Kitamura is Ryuji's best friend and the class vice president. He is also a pretty weird character. He's smart and a good friend to Ryuji but also just has a weird personality himself. I don't know how to explain him. Ami, or dumb-chi, which is what Taiga likes to call her, is a character I liked a lot as well. Almost as much as Taiga and Ryuji. She is a famous model who is childhood friends with Kitamura. She's a real witch. Very mean and conceited...mostly. At first she lies about her personality, pretending to be the sweet clumsy girl. She was probably the most interesting character. She was so mature but childish at the same time. She was like a bird, she could see everything from above. She realized the situation of where everyone's feelings really lay before they did. I couldn't help but put out my heart to her. She clearly liked this person but he couldn't ever love her back. I think I liked her for it almost. All the characters were great. I loved seeing them grow up and develop throughout the series. 

                 I really liked the plot for this series. It touches on teen romance, doubts, loneliness, broken families, one sided love, missed chances, and growing up. Some deep topics right? I liked they way they touched them without losing focus with the series. The plot was very strong in this anime. The art was pretty good as well. I love how all the characters look. Especially Taiga. She looks so tiny and cute but also fierce at the same time. I absolutely love it.

                Overall, I really loved this anime. Yeah, it was slow at first and some of the characters didn't make me love them but it's overshadowed by so many other things. My heart pounded so many times just wondering what each character would do/decide. The ending was good. I liked it, a lot of other people hated it. Make sure you don't stop watching when the credits roll. That's the thing with most anime, there's always more after the credits like Marvel movies. You'll absolutely hate the ending if you don't keep watching. I highly recommend this anime to romance lovers. Seriously, you will love this, even better if you like comedy. I'll probably end up re-watching this anime because it was that good.









Stars:                       5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment