Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

Wolf Girl and Black Prince









                         About:


                       The story centers around Erika Shinohara, a vain 16-year-old girl who tells her friends about her romantic exploits, but she actually has no boyfriend. She claims that a handsome boy in a candid photo is her boyfriend, but it turns out that boy is a schoolmate named Kyouya Sata. She has no choice but to make him her fake boyfriend. Unfortunately, Sata may look like a sweet person, but he is actually an ultra-black-hearted sadist. Sata takes advantage of Erika's weakness and treats her like his dog.




My Review:




                 I didn't know what to expect when I started watching this anime. I mean you always have the jerk guys but this seemed different. I was right, this anime was a lot different from the normal jerk guy and teasing. There was some hate in some reviews and love in others. There was no in between. I kind of agree with them to some extent. I have to say I liked this anime for many reasons. It mostly has to do with the characters.

                This anime is about Erika, who is a normal high school girl. She is like a serial liar. She tells fibs here a there. One huge lie of hers was her boyfriend. She felt like she needed one to fit in with the girls in her class. Unfortunately, Sata became her fake boyfriend. He is mean and sometimes cruel. He treats Erika like a dog and constantly says that he is her master. Of course, soon Erika starts to have feelings for Sata and starts to pursue him.

                  Erika was a more typical high school girl than most other characters in anime. I mean Erika is really sweet and nice but she's human. I love that she lied. I mean who hasn't? She was a lot more interesting than the usual pure innocent characters. Sata was a monster. He constantly treated  Erika like a dog and got her hopes up then crushed them. I agree he was horrible and I thought Erika could do so much better and that this anime was a horrible example for romance. But, as the series progressed Sata grew better. He understood that what he did was wrong and tried to be a better person. I loved his character for it and started to root for him and Erika. I mean by the end he wasn't perfect, he still has a long way to go but he stopped being especially cruel. His back story made me understand a little bit why he was that way. So now can you see why I kind of agreed with the bad reviews as well with the good one? I mean in the beginning I was absolutely against Sata and Erika but seeing the change in Sata and how hard he was trying changed my mind. I'm not saying he was excused for some of the things he said, but he is the path to being a better person. Takeru was an interesting character. He's Sata's best friend. I wish I could have seen more of him though. He was funny and so sweet. I love how hard he tried to help Erika. He was a really great side character. Kusakabe was also interesting. I liked his character a lot. I mean I wasn't rooting for him and Erika but he was cute. I wish that he would have continued being in the series and not just disappear after what happened. I mean could they still be friends? I didn't like that he just went away. Nozomi was a cliche character all the way but he wasn't changed by a girl. I loved that so much. He didn't stop his playboy ways because he fell in love. It was great that the creators took the cliche than gave it a twist. He was probably my favorite side character. Besides Erika's best friend, I didn't like Erika's friends at all. They were so shallow and just obsessed with their boyfriends. I didn't feel like they were Erika's true friends.

                  The plot was great. I mean I know it's a little cliche but Sata was really cruel. In most descriptions when they describe the main guy a mean and cruel but is actually just a jerk, it's very cliche but here Sata was really a cruel person. I mean he was a sadist. So that made this series really interesting. The art was great. I love how cute Erika is and I absolutely love Sata's sadistic smile. It's great. I also love the colors. They're bright but not neon and crazy. 

                   Overall, I ended up loving this anime. In the beginning I was eh and unsure but the series got better with each episode. Watching this anime made me want to read the manga to see if there was more because I didn't want the story to end. I do recommend this anime but it isn't for everyone. Yeah there are abusive aspects in it but the main character does get better so I'm not saying that this is the perfect example of romance but it is a perfect example of change and growth within a person so please don't think I condone some of the things Sata has done. I really think this anime should be given a real chance.





Stars:                    

No comments:

Post a Comment