Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Girl Online book 1 by Zoe Sugg








                   About:


                             Penny has a secret.

Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.

But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.








My Review:






                           This was one of the books that has helped me out of my reading slump. I was at Target just looking around and there it was on the shelf. All bright blue and happy looking. What made me pick it up though was the title. It was interesting. I loved the description, so I just had to take a copy home with me. I'm so glad I did too. This book was light and so cute. I loved the little funny jokes that were in there. The one about the titanic was my favorite. I had so much fun reading this book. I especially loved the blog posts. I liked getting to see them. This book kind of made me want to write my own diary blog but then I figured I had this blog and two would be way too much. Besides, I have my one-shot diary, so I'm good.

                          This book is about a girl named Penny. She has a blog where she posts all about her fears, frustrations, and happy times. It's the place she can be most real. She also deals with some back stabbing friends, a fight with her very best friend, falling in love, and getting your heart broken. Basically what most teenagers go through. I went through almost all of those things I just listed. This book is very relatable which I liked a lot. Yeah some things about the book might now happen to you(this is tied to Noah's secret) but the gist is the same. 

                           Penny is such a sweet girl. I love her character a lot. She's really nice and just so innocent. But she also has her own faults. She is in every sense a relatable teenager. There were many times that I could connect with her throughout the book. I loved her character so much and grew so attached to her. I liked Noah a lot as well. He was really cool and the type of guy most girls want as their boyfriends. He's very sweet, thoughtful, and romantic. He is the perfect fantasy. Though this is a book so I'm glad his character is the way it is. I liked him a lot for Penny. I thought their personalities worked really well together. I also liked how rocky their relationship got. I mean it isn't all sunshine and rainbows so again there was another realistic moment in there. Noah's little sister was also so adorable as well. I couldn't get enough of her cuteness. I wish my little sister was like her. Instead, I got the demon child for my little sister. I absolutely loved Elliot. I wish I had a best friend like him. He was always there for Penny and he's just such an awesome guy. He encouraged Penny so much. I'm jealous of Penny. Yeah I know, it's weird to be jealous of a fictional character but oh well. It's true. All the characters were great. Even Penny's horrible friends. You always have to have those characters you love to hate.

                           I liked the plot a lot. Zoe took a tired plot and turned it into something really unique and entertaining. There was drama that wasn't too much, romance, friendship, betrayal, and so many realistic scenes. Yes, there will be one thing that isn't so realistic but the moments that are so relatable really make up for it. All teenagers, not just girls, can relate to this novel. The main character may be a girl, but the things she went through are what we teenagers go through all the time. I also love the cover. It's so cute and such a great idea. I absolutely love it.

                           Overall, this was an amazing book especially since this is the author's first novel. I'm really impressed. I was never bored while reading this book. It's quirky, funny, realistic, relatable, and just plain fun. I highly recommend this book to teenagers. Yes, adults would like it too but I think people my age would enjoy it more. I'm so glad I read this book and absolutely can't wait to read the next one. If you have read the book, comment below what you thought about it.









Stars:                                               5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment