Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun









                  About:


                            High school student Chiyo Sakura has a crush on schoolmate Umetarou Nozaki, but when she confesses her love to him, he mistakes her for a fan and gives her an autograph. When she says that she always wants to be with him, he invites her to his house and has her help on some drawings. Chiyo discovers that Nozaki is actually a renowned shoujo manga artist named Sakiko Yumeno. She then agrees to be his assistant in order to get closer to him. As they work on his manga, they encounter other schoolmates who assist them or serve as inspirations for characters in the stories.














My Review:








                   I found out about this anime over tumblr and I remember wanting to watch it but I completely forgot about it until I saw it while scrolling down Crunchyroll for Trinity Seven on the app and I was like, "I'm watching thins next!" I am so happy I did. The last couple days were stressful so it was nice to laugh a lot. This anime is so funny. I laughed so hard so many times. It just kept getting better and better with each episode. The romance doesn't really progress so if you're looking for something really romantic you won't find it here but it does have its romantic moments. I could fee my breath catching during the last episode. There will also be a lot of ships in this anime as well. But again sadly you don't get the romance and relationships you want. Though if you're looking for something really funny I highly suggest you check out this anime if you haven't already.

                  This anime is about a girl who tries to confess to her crush but says the wrong things making her end up his assistant instead of his girlfriend. Following you meet a bunch of weird characters with their personalities always clashing while trying to meet deadlines and figuring out good scenes and story lines. This show will take you on a wild ride and I really mean wild. 

                   Sakura is a tiny sweet girl who has a huge crush on Nozaki who is a manga artist for one of the most popular romance mangas around. She ends up helping him with the beta work. Sakura is so cute and very dramatic, though I can say the same for all the characters. She does her best to help out Nozaki in anyway she can. I just love her character so much. Nozaki is very weird and knows nothing about relationships even though his manga is so successful. He's constantly trying to figure out girls' feelings and making romantic scenes for his main characters, who are based off his friends. I so ship him with Sakura because their personalities seem to work together and they just seem so cute together! I can't help but want them together so much. Kashima is such a backwards character. She's a girl but looks and acts like a guy. She is the "prince" of the school. She always says the smoothest lines and is a little full of herself. She's also kind of an idiot. I found that so interesting. She is definitely a huge part of the anime being a comedy. Hori helps out Nozaki with the backgrounds of his manga and is the President of the drama club. He also does his best to keep Kashima in line...in a violent way. In the beginning I didn't ship them together at all but the little things they did and some of their lines made me think differently. It wasn't obvious so I could just be reading way too much into things but I really think they would be good together in a weird way. Seo is loud, proud, and absolutely not someone you want to mess with. All the guys are scared of her. Her two redeeming traits are her beautiful voice and her friendship with Sakura. She is definitely a character you have to get used to. Wakamatsu is a poor first year who unfortunately got caught in Seo's sight. He is very cute and very dramatic. Maybe the most dramatic of the bunch. The crazy scenarios he comes up with though are hilarious. His imagination runs really wild. I like him and Seo together a lot. Even though their personalities clash greatly I can't help but find those two so cute! Mikoshiba is the adorable loner of the bunch. Yup, no ship for him. He seems like a player but really isn't. He says the smoothest lines ever but then gets embarrassed by them and is just so shy. I find him absolutely adorable. I so badly want to find him a ship. Hopefully, if there is a next season he'll find someone. I don't have any favorite characters because they are all so awesome. You can't make me pick one!

                   There really wasn't much of a plot for this but it wasn't bad because of it. It's basically about Sakura's adventure with her crush and making new friends. There is some character development but not much and their definitely wasn't any romance development, which...I was strangely okay with. Usually I want romance progression no matter what but this time it was perfect that their were crushes but no actual relationships. It would have felt rushed otherwise. Also it leaves room for another season. If you're looking for a heavy plot, it ain't here. But don't dump this anime because of it because there aren't any filler episodes. Or at least it never felt that way. I didn't feel like any of the episodes were stupid and had no purpose. I think they each had one event though it was small.

                   Overall, This anime was so much fun to watch and I have to say that both men and women will love this anime. It so funny and you just fall in love with the characters. If you don't like weirdness then don't watch this anime. But if you are weird yourself then grab your weird friends and watch this. It's full of gags and silly scenarios. All the characters' personalities work well together in their own way and you just have a good time watching them interact. I highly recommend this anime and would even watch it again.









Stars:                                                 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment