Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bonjour Koiaji Patisserie









                      About:


                                Sayuri Haruno dreams of becoming a pastry chef and enrolls in Fleurir Confectionary Academy, an elite school located in Tokyo's trendy Aoyama district. At Fleurir, she finds herself surrounded by charming boys, each one distinctly unique. Out of the entire class, Ryou Kouzuki's desire to become a pastry chef is the strongest. Blessed with unparalleled technique, instructor Mitsuki Aoi acts like a prince and is hugely popular at the school. Gilbert Hanafusa, the mood maker of the bunch, is a student from France. Yoshinosuke Suzumi is not very good at expressing his feelings, but underneath his stony exterior lies a wholehearted passion for wagashi (Japanese sweets).

As Sayuri pours her heart and soul into making her dream a reality, she encounters many happenings...













My Review:






                  This show is very weird. I mean I thought the picture looked cute and the description was interesting. It kind of sounded like Food Wars but with dessert. Each episode is only five minutes long which is very weird. I didn't like that much. I guess I kind of understand why they did that because the manga was only one chapter but still, it was weird and way too short. I mean the whole show was just an out line. It was like the creators said this happened then this happened and now this is happening without any details at all. There was also a few filler episodes too, which made things worse. For some reason though I couldn't stop watching. I don't know why. Maybe because I wanted to see if the show would get better or not but I guess that would be hard with only five minute long episodes. 

                   This show is about a girl who was able to be accepted into a grand school specialized in desserts. She has three instructors who are very good looking and nice and she makes friends with a classmate who is also good looking. It's a reverse harem situation. This is about her making friends and becoming the best at her craft as she can.

                     Sayuri is the typical sweet girl who everybody loves. She does not have one mean bone in her body. She also has her insecurities. I thought she was an okay character. I felt she was developed enough. She was basically a watered down cliche. Ryou was the cute classmate Sayuri becomes friends with. He's also a little cliche. He's tough and at first seems scary but is actually a really sweet caring guy. I liked his character. Again he wasn't developed very well but I like his type of character. He was really adorable at times though. Mitsuki is one of Sayuri's teachers. He's calm and collected. He's also really nice. I don't have much to say about him since it was hard to get a read on his character. Hanafusa is another one of Sayuri's teachers. He's very wild and has no self control. He's also very playful. His character was a good gag but kind of got old pretty quickly. His character didn't have much substance. Suzumi is the last of Sayuri's teachers and the most interesting. I wish I could have seen more character development for him. Well, I wish that for all the characters but him the most. Ran was also a pretty cool character. She's Sayuri best friend. She's very funny and hot headed, quick to stand up for Sayuri at the drop of a hat. I really liked her character a lot. The characters overall weren't that bad but they were just structures with no support. I really wished they were a lot more developed.

                   The plot was okay. I mean it's a good idea but there was no meat to it. No suspense. It was really disappointing. It would have been so much better if there was more to it. The art was average as well. I liked how the characters looked though the art was a little average. I especially loved how Suzumi looked. Sayuri was pretty cute too. I loved her hairstyle. 

                   Overall, this anime was okay. I'm sorry for the short review but it's hard to write about a show with very little meat to its bones. I was very disappointed with the whole thing. Also apparently she graduated within one year. Don't schools like that take more than one year? I mean if everything just was developed properly it would have been really good I bet. If it sounds good you should try it out but if you want something juicier then you should go for something else.









Stars:                                          2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment