Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!









                    About:


                              This is the tale of five unlikely heroes who unite under the name of the "Earth Defense Club" alongside a pink wombat-like alien to defend their world and restore love to all; however, does a sinister organization lurk behind the scenes of Binan High school?
















My Review:







                       When I first heard about this anime, I was so excited! I mean a magical boy anime? How cool is that! I remember waiting for months on end for it to come out. When it finally did, I watched the first episode the moment it was available. I instantly loved it. I mean it is such a cute show that is so comical. It's a very non-serious anime with many gags, bad transformation outfits(though I don't think they're too bad, kinda cute) and non-scary monsters. I liked it a lot in the beginning but started to dislike it towards the end. Most anime, even with only twelve episodes have a point and this one didn't. It mostly played off the fact that it was the first magical boy anime.

                       In this anime, five teenagers encounter a pink wombat and are told that they are the princes of love and must save the world from domination. So they transform, learning their new powers while making tight bonds with each other and fighting the monster of the week. Each have their own special powers and bonds with one another.

                       Wombat was an interesting character. I mean since he is the one who created the Battle Lovers he should be wise and teach them like Luna from Sailor Moon but instead when he wasn't being cuddled by Yumoto, he was just yelling at them to take their roles more seriously or just doing nothing. I wish he had a better role. Yumoto is the leader of the Battle Lovers. He loves to cuddle and taking baths. He is also the youngest of the group and the most eccentric. I liked his character a lot. He was really cute. I also liked that he wasn't an air head or a cry baby. He is hot headed though so at times he rushed into things a little bit. Io is the rich one of the group. He is highly intelligent and loves money. He is constantly finding ways to make money and when to cut his loses. I also liked his character a lot. He had an episode about him and his personality but I would have liked to have seen his character more developed. Most of the time he was on a laptop or tablet trying to make money. Atsushi is really smart. He's got the top grades in the group. He is also really sweet and calm. He constantly thinks about others and how they would feel. Is sometimes too nice. He was my favorite character. He is just so cool and calm. He's still weird but not as much as the others. He had the most character development which is why I probably like him the most. En is the lazy one of the group. He is also very indifferent except towards his friends. Otherwise he doesn't really care about anything. I like his character as well. I also really love his friendship between him and Atsushi. I liked learning that they bonded over curry and that they are still friends. They are really great together and no that is not me making a ship even though one episode hinted at that. Actually that episode hinted at a lot of different ships but I am so not going there. Ryuu is pretty funny. He is the womanizer of the group even though we don't see him with a single girl. Actually there was not one single female character in the show. I don't know if that was deliberate or not but it is interesting. All the characters were very weird and interesting in their own ways. I enjoyed watching them. 

                       There was really no plot. There is kinda one at the end which explains why the Battle Lovers existed and what not. It wasn't that great. I wish there was a better plot. I mean by the end the show was getting a little eh. I mean it was still funny, but the monsters kind of were ridiculous. Also the ending was weird. There was a random robot, random angel wings, and just a whole lot of randomness. It's like the creators didn't know what to do so they pulled out random objects out of a hat and went with it. It was disappointing. I mean I was so happy to get a magical boy anime and it was really good in the beginning. It just went downhill from there.

                        Overall, it was okay. It started off really good but the lack of plot, silly monsters, and the random stuff in the end brought it down. But don't think that it is a horrible anime overall. It's really funny with great characters. To transform they have to say love making. LOVE MAKING. They also say a lot of other interesting things. But it's not creepy or anything. Like I said earlier, this show is full of gags and is a great show to watch if you're not looking for anything heavy. This show was made for girls. I don't think guys would like it but I do know a few who do so if your a guy don't write it of. I highly recommend this show if you love magical girl anime and light fluffy shows full of gags.











Stars:                                        3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment