Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2015

AnimeNext 2015

So, this past weekend I had the chance to go to AnimeNext in Somerset New Jersey. It was my first anime convention ever so I was really nervous and excited. It was a lot better than I expected. There were so many cosplayers there and so many other cool things. Below I have some of the pictures I took of cosplayers.

This is the first person I took a picture of. Isn't she so beautiful? I loved her cosplay of Aries from Fairy Tail. Since Fairy Tail is one of my favorite animes and she did so well with her cosplay I couldn't not take her picture. You could see Leo next to her in the background with that bright orange hair.

Look closely. Does this cosplay look familiar? I even had to ask this beautiful soul who she was cosplaying because it looked so familiar to me. I'll give you a hint. She is cosplaying someone from Haikyuu!! Get it now? If not one more hint is that it's the school uniform instead of this character's usual gym clothes. If you still don't get it then go re-watch the anime or watch it if you haven't yet. But I guess I can cut you some slack. This girl is cosplaying Kiyoko Shimizu.


I know what you're thinking. The dress is gorgeous. So is the girl in it. Sadly I didn't realize the shadow across her face when I took the picture. It was so bright out that it was hard to see and I'm not good with technology so I had to edit it a little to see her face. I feel so bad that I didn't take a better picture but I'm glad we're able to see her face.

So this is a cosplay of Black Lady or Wicked Lady depending upon if you know her by the dub or sub. She was the only one I saw do this cosplay which was awesome. I love that she had her own Luna P. This was the only photo I had of the cosplayer smiling. Doesn't she look so pretty? I loved her cosplay a lot.


This is a cosplay of the outer senshi. All the Sailor Moon cosplayers at ANimeNext were doing a photo shoot. So that's why I have so many pictures of Sailor Moon cosplay. On the right be have punk Sailor Pluto and Sailor Neptune and on the left are the regular cosplays of Sailor Uranus and Sailor Saturn. I love the Sailor Saturn Cosplay. She looks so cute!


This is a picture of all the inner senshi. There are so many Sailor Moons and Sailor Venuses. I absolutely love male Sailor Venus. He looks so cute and great. I love how confident he was. Not many guys would admit to being fans of Sailor Moon and yet here he is cosplaying Sailor Venus. He's like my hero! Don't they all look pretty though?


I wasn't going to post any individual senshi scouts but I had to post this one. During the photo shoot the people who were cosplaying Kingdom of Hearts kept having to move where they were taking oictures so they constantly photo bombing the shoot. It was so funny. Poor guys. I don't know if they ever found a spot though.




Ok so these are all the punk Sailor Scouts at the photo shoot. Starting at the far left in order are Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Moon, Sailor Neptune, and finally Sailor Pluto. I love how they did a group cosplay and their handmade outfits. The bottom picture is of their jackets because I love their slogan so much. If you can't read it it says, "Bitches who slay together stay together." Isn't that so cute?



So these are the guys cosplaying for Sailor Moon. We have punk Sailor Moon which you have seen already, Tuxedo Mask, Ace, and Artemis. The first picture was a regular picture but the second was pretty funny. SO we were taking regular pictures and then someone yelled for them to fight. Tuxedo mask was choking Ace and well you can see what happened between Artemis and punk Sailor Moon up there.


Finally, this is all the Sailor Moon cosplayers all together. For some reason they wouldn't squish in together so it's hard to see them all. They all did such a great job.

This is two cosplayers portraying one of my favorite animes. On the left is Dr. Stein and the right is Spirit from the anime Soul Eater. I wish I got a better angle of them. I think they did a really great job though.



There was a lot of people hanging out outside the venue. Some knew each other, others they just met. It was really cool. There was also a volleyball game outside which was so much fun. No one was keeping score and just were bragging about being able to score a point since there was an unlimited amount of people playing. What was also really cool was that most of them were still in cosplay. It was in the 90's then. I mean it was so hot. It was really fun though. Even the people who were participating had a good time. I mean there was so much excited good energy in the air. There was no way you could be grumpy.

Overall, the panels were really great to. I loved going to them. I also got a bunch of figurines and art from the dealers room and artist alley. The only problem was that the organization was terrible and some of the lines were outside in the direct sunlight. They wouldn't allow us to line up in the shade. Also sometimes they didn't let people in on time. It was just ridiculous. They had a year to plan. They should have done a better job. I had fun though and don't regret going at all. I plan on attending next year and hopefully they get their acts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment