Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hana-Kimi volume 10-12 by Hisaya Nakajo









                    About:


                    Family Matters
Mizuki has started modeling for the famous photographer Akiha Hara, but is he on to the fact that she's a girl? Later, Mizuki travels home to America only to find Sano and Nakatsu are there too! Sano seems to be getting along with her dad, but can Mizuki get through this visit without her family revealing her secret?!







My Review:






                 I love this series so much. I'm always worried that something will happen and then I'll start to dislike it. So far though, that has not happened. Thank goodness. This volume was just as great as the previous ones. It's so funny, full of terrible situations for Mizuki and Sano's sanity. I couldn't get enough of this volume. I read it in one sitting. Thank goodness I already bought the next 3 in 1 set. It's taking all my will power not to read the next volumes before I finish my review. The romance is slightly more heavy in this volume. I got my wish of wanting to know more of what Sano thinks of Mizuki. So, if you were curious if you should keep going for that reason, now you have your answer. This set was also a little more dramatic. Not so full of drama where you could choke on it, but a little more heavy than usual and just more dramatic silliness. 

              In this set of volumes, Mizuki decides she wants to model for Akiha which forces Sano to do so as well, considering he doesn't was Mizuki caught up in Akiha's games. Then there is this special Christmas ball where Mizuki's school and the sister school have a very fancy dance and since there aren't enough girls at the sister school Mizuki gets roped into dressing like a girl...again! We also get a cute scene between her and Sano. Finally, Mizuki goes home to see her family where she runs into San and Nakatsu who are there on some sports trip. Oh, and Gil makes and appearance so tension soars between him and Sano. Like I said, there is slightly more drama and dramatics.

          Mizuki is still such an innocent sweetheart in this manga. She's there for the people who need her and is so full of support. She's also quite clueless. Poor Sano. Must be so hard for him. Anyway, I liked meeting her family and seeing her with them. She has the perfect blend of both her parents. Sano was amazing in this manga. I loved seeing his thoughts. For so long we were left in the dark but now it's all out in the open. Well sort of. Mizuki still has no clue. I want them together so badly. I ship them so hard. But, I'm glad they're not together yet. Most manga and anime I've seen the main characters fall in love quickly and then admit it quickly. We never get to witness the journey of them falling in love and coming to terms with it. It's what I love most about this series. We get to see them have their crushes and fall. So I ship them but let it be a nice long and sweet journey. But not too long. I want them to get together and to see them be together. Gilbert was very interesting. We only saw him for a couple chapter but I felt the need to talk about him. I didn't get a huge feel of his character but I do know that he ain't happy about Mizuki being with Sano. Truthfully, I would want him with Mizuki if the story was about her past with him and that this whole moving to Japan thing never happened. I know a completely different story but it does seem like a great plot. I came up with my own story for Gilber and Mizuki. Sano and the others don't exist in it. I just really like the setup for it. I'm on Sano side though for this manga. If it was a different story I'd probably ship Mizuki with Gil but not here. Akiha was stll his very flirty childish self but we get to learn a little of his past which I thought was interesting. I also loved the harassment he gives Umeda. Speaking of Dr. Umeda, we got to see his parents! They were so weird and cute just like the rest of his family. I loved it! Umeda is still my favorite character of all time. He's so sarcastic and grumpy. I love it! I didn't get to see as much of him in this set but it was made up with meeting his family so I'm not too upset. 

            The plot is still great. I love the situations that Mizuki was forced into.They were hilarious and not overdone. I'm starting to wonder though what would happen if Sano confesses he know or someone else finds out and reveals it. I mean I have a feeling that Mizuki won't make it to graduation. It's not a spoiler or anything. Just my thoughts I mean it would be too dull if she made it to graduation without anyone knowing right? So, I'm just wondering what's going to happen. The art was as good as always. The cover was a little confusing though. From the heart shaped chocolate I though there was going to be a Valentine chapter or something. Not Christmas. I loved the dresses for the Christmas Ball. I thought they were so cute and pretty. I loved seeing Mizuki in one. I'm so glad she wasn't a guy in those chapters. 

                 Overall, I loved reading this set of volumes. It was so much fun and full of action. I was never bored or sick of the gags. I also absolutely loved the cliffhanger at the end of volume 12. It is currently driving me insane. I also squealed a lot while reading this because of Sano. Good thing I was alone while reading this. I highly recommend you go buy this volume now if you haven't already and if you haven't even started reading the series yet the get a move on! You don't want to miss this. I so can't wait to read the next volume and see what Sano does with his new information.







Stars:                          5/5


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment