Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2015

San Andreas (2015)










                    About:


                               When the San Andreas fault triggers a magnitude 9 earthquake, a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot (Dwayne Johnson) must navigate the destruction from Los Angeles to San Francisco to save his daughter.













My Review:







                To be honest I felt a little nervous seeing this movie. It is not normally my type of movie but the trailer really made it look good and there was a bunch of actors that I liked in it so I put on my big girl panties and stepped into the theater. I liked San Andreas a lot more than I thought I would. Usually my mind wanders when I'm watching a movie. Even if I love it. It's a little problem I have but I was focused on the movie the entire two hours. My mind didn't even wander once. Also the special effects was amazing. I mean it looked really cool with how they made the ground look when the earthquake hit. The 3D wasn't the greatest but the special effects really make up for it.


                  This movie is about the whole San Andreas fault line going off leaving Ray's daughter in trouble. Ray and his wife defy odds while trying to find their daughter Blake. Meanwhile Blake and two brothers, Ben and Ollie, try to find high ground so Blake's parents could find them also defying odds along the way.


                   Ray was an awesome character. He really cared about his daughter and did his best to get to her while battling the guilt and failing to save his other daughter prior to the earthquakes. He was a strong character which I liked. Emma helped him a lot in finding their daughter an d I loved her attitude. She helped Ray deal and admit his feeling while being that mamma bear. I mean the message she left Daniel made me laugh. Their personalities really fit each others. They could rely on each others' strength. Blake was awesome. She was so kickass and not helpless at all. Though that is mostly because her dad worked for rescue so she knew more than the average person. She was really hopeful and nice, but she also had her weaknesses. She was so determined though. Ben was so awesome. I loved him so much. He was such a cute bumbling idiot when he first met Blake. He was was so brave. I mean he had a moment of weakness but he did his best to protect Blake and his little brother Ollie.I have to say I so ship him and Blake. I know it's typical to have a romance in a movie like this but they are just so cute with each other! I can't help myself. Oh my god I loved Ollie. He was so funny and adorable. He really gave the movie some light hearted aspects. I wish he was my little brother. He was definitely one of my favorite characters. Daniel was such a jerk. Of course he is another cliche in these types of movies but it's a necessary one. There are people like that in the world who would do the things that he did. It's so sad to think about. I loved all the characters. They felt so real to me. The writers did amazing jobs with all the characters. 






                      I love Dwayne Johnson. He is really good at what he does. I've loved him in the Fast and Furious movies and a few others. He's one of the reasons why I decided to see this movie in the first place. He was really good in this movie. This role seemed like it was made for him. I mean he did amazing with this role. He seemed like he really cared for Blake and Emma. He had some good facial expressions as well. Carla Gugino was absolutely phenomenal in her role as Emma. It's hard to put into words how great she was. Her facial expressions were so amazing. In this one scene where she is sad and she just utters that one line only two words and I wanted to cry just seeing her expression. Actually I did tear up a little. I've always liked her in movies but I thought this was her best performance. These two were amazing in their performances so you won't be disappointed in them.




                      Alexandra Daddario was also amazing in her role as Blake. I've seen her in the Percy Jackson movies and the show White Collar and she was great in those but I loved her in this movie. This is my favorite of her work. I liked her expressions and she really brought the character of Blake alive. I mean she she really got me into the movie. Hugo Johnstone-Burt was absolutely amazing as Ben. He really seemed so cute when he was trying to talk to Blake. He did a great job of plying the cute bumbling brave dork. I mean he was really perfect for the role. I couldn't imagine anyone else to play Ben. Art Parkinson was absolutely fantastic as Ollie. I mean he was so adorable. I couldn't get enough of him. He was perfect in playing the role of embarrassing little brother. I mean he did so well. I haven't seen him in anything else but I'm definitely going to look for his other works.

                      Overall, I really loved watching this movie. Yeah there were some parts that were a little cliche but the cast, characters, and special effects more than made up for it. I mean they casted really well for this movie. The actors really brought their characters alive and I loved that. I absolutely highly recommend this movie. If you haven't seen the movie already then go see it. You won't regret it. I truthfully wish it was out on dvd already so I can go watch it again. I really can't stop thinking about it. It's really that good.










Stars:                                            5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment