Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tomorrowland (2015)









                About:


                          Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory.














My Review:







                    At first I wasn't really interested in seeing this movie. I mean it looked cool and interesting but it also looked boring. I stumbled across the book Before Tomorrowland which took place in 1939 which was pretty good. It made me interested enough to see the movie. This movie turned out to be good. I liked it a lot but with the whole two hour and twenty-five minute length of it it still didn't satisfy me. Do you know that feeling? You know when you really like this movie and you say mostly good things about it but you feel like something is missing with it? That's how I kind of feel. It was god but it was missing something.


                   In Tomorrowland, we see Casey Newton who is a very smart and optimistic girl blowing out the circuits of these cranes to stop the destruction of this building. Of course, she gets caught. Upon bail she discovers a mysterious pin that every time she touches it she's seeing another world. Along with her two friends Athena and Frank she has to use her brain to get to Tomorrow land and save the Earth from world destruction. 


                   Casey is a really smart girl who was easily amazed by Tomorrowland. I mean who wouldn't be with all the cool technology like jet packs. I liked her character a lot. She was so optimistic and wasn't ready to accept the future of destruction that was presented to her. She was ready to fix it. She was a dreamer through and through who didn't give up. I also liked how fearless she was. I mean she was scared but when she needed to do something she let nothing stop her. I liked her a lot as the main character. Frank was the necessary pessimistic. We always have to have one of those in a movie right? I liked his character a lot. Even though he was doubtful that Casey could fix everything he still did everything he could to get her to Tomorrowland. I really liked how his character clashed with Casey. It wasn't too much and it was pretty funny. Athena was an interesting character. I won't spoil too much about her. I liked how she pushed the characters to be the best they could be. She pushed Frank to help Casey and she pushed Casey to Tomorrow land so she could save it. Athena believed in both of them. She was a very important character.. Nix was an okay character. I felt like he wasn't developed enough. It was like he was just slapped with a cliche bad guy role and just left it at that. They didn't really tweek the roll or change it in any way. It was kind of disappointing. They could have done so much better with Nix. I know they really had so much time to develop him but the movie would have been so much better with a better villain. The character weren't bad other than Nix. I enjoyed watching them.





                  I love Britt Robertson as Casey Newton. I mean she played that role so well. I have never disliked any of Britt's acting and I wasn't disappointed with this performance either. I mean her facial expressions were divine. She literally looked so amazed when looking at Tomorrowland when she was really looking at a green screen. She had really outdone herself with this role. I really liked Raffey Cassidy as Athena. I haven't seen any of her previous work before so I was really interested in her. I think she was great in portraying her type of character. She did well in her expressions and tone. These two ladies were amazing in their roles.





                 George Clooney was perfect for the role of Frank. He really did that role well. I loved how he acted out Frank's frustration and anger at Athena and the people of Tomorrowland. I have seen a bunch of the movies he has done and this was one of the good ones. If you love George Clooney then you should watch this movie. I absolutely love Hugh Laurie. I especially love him as Dr. House in the hit tv show House. So I was very excited to see him in this movie. It's actually part of the reason why I saw Tomorrowland. I think if Nix's character was more developed then he would have been better in this movie. I mean he wasn't bad at acting at all in this movie. He just really didn't have enough to work with. He could have been so much better but because of Nix's character Hugh Laurie wasn't really great either. So if you love the show House and Hugh Laurie, you might not want to see this movie and be disappointed in this role.

                  Overall, the movie was really good. There was so much action and adventure. I loved the plot so much. This movie I highly recommend if you love science fiction and action. This is a really enjoyable movie. The only problem is with Nix's character. Otherwise I really have no complaints. The special effects were really good, the acting was great, and the characters(other than Nix) were absolutely amazing. If you're unsure I think you should still go see it. You never know if you'll like it or not until you go see it.








Stars:                                   4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment